See in the World what you Carry in your Heart
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon let Aurelia lead the way, though he still doubted she'd actually be able to take them to the shrine. As they approached a small cave he raised an eyebrow, though he supposed it made sense; the Ascended's skin could not take the sun, so they may indeed have scurried into the dark and damp, like spiders away from the light.

To hear of her world, where those with magic were hunted, was certainly interesting. While Abandoned were not, in Gideon or the Order's opinion, as poorly seen as the Ascended, they were certainly not loved among the Gods, and in a way it was comforting to hear there were similar rules in other places; it made him more sure of the truth in their world. "I see. I'd advise against it, though the Old Gods would not begrudge you the desire, I reckon."

Her question was a reasonable one, one he'd heard many times over from younger people at the temple, and one he had an answer prepared for already. "I myself wonder why the Old Gods don't just smite the Voice. But, and this is important - I do not need to know, and neither does any mortal. Their plans and their own, and they need us to help the way we do. It is not for us to know all, only to do what is right. And I know enough to know the Voice is wrong."
GIDEON
You claim to be virtuous, but you're a liar
And you'll feel the heat of the flames

Messages In This Thread
RE: See in the World what you Carry in your Heart - by Gideon - 11-06-2020, 06:41 PM