See in the World what you Carry in your Heart
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
eyes can't shine unless there's something burning bright behind
Aurelia listened intently. She had her own thoughts about the Voice, which weren't dictated by faith. Gideon's faith was... intense, though. She turned back to the path ahead of them. The darkness here was shallow. The cave was still softly illuminated by sunlight that peered through scattered holes in the ceiling. The light revealed a small statue at the end of the cave, sitting neatly upon metal and stone. Aurelia glanced over at Gideon and raised her eyebrows, saying, "This must be it. So... I'm assuming shrines in this world are actually important...?"

Walking over to it, Aurelia narrowed her eyes against the dim light and bent down beside it to get a closer look. The statue was made from obsidian; she recognized the glass-like texture. It was carved into the silhouette of a woman and, in her hand, she was clutching something. Knives, perhaps, or... no. Lightning?

She straightened up and folded her arms over her chest, raising her quizzical expression up to Gideon. "I don't like the Voice anymore than you do. She took everything from me by forcing me to be here, and some doppelganger gets to live the life I sacrificed everything for. Or worse, no one is there in my place and my sisters suffer for it. I have no way of knowing, no way back home... Trust me, I would break this myself," she clenched her jaw, her fingernails digging into her skin. Then, she sighed and stifled her anger, "but what happens if it's broken? Won't the Voice be angry? If she has the power to make the ascended and bring people from other worlds here, I can only imagine what she'd to to someone that gets on her bad side."
Aurelia

Messages In This Thread
RE: See in the World what you Carry in your Heart - by Aurelia - 11-08-2020, 10:14 AM