See in the World what you Carry in your Heart
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
eyes can't shine unless there's something burning bright behind
Aurelia took a step back to give Gideon ample room to explore the shrine. She watched his fingers graze the sandy obsidian thoughtfully, narrowing her eyes as he did so. She wondered what he was thinking about, seeing the grimness in his expression. Then, he laughed a little at her suggestion that they might worry about what the Voice would do.

He sounded confident in his belief that he couldn't be touched by the Voice because of his devotion to the Old Gods. Aurelia found all of this a lot to wrap her head around. She shook her head in exasperation and sighed.

Then, he thanked her, and she lifted her brows up at him, "Oh, yeah. Don't worry about it but, if anyone asks, it wasn't me - or I wasn't here. I don't know if I want to get all wrapped up in this... war. Even though, I apparently already am!" She put her head in her hands, rubbing the spot between her brows stressfully. She went on, letting her hands fall back to her sides where she used them to emphasize her points with subtle waves and gestures, "Back in my home world, gods were something you just... believed in because you had nothing else. But you'd never see them, they had no real power. How can you trust in something you can't see, that there's no proof of? But here. Here, the gods are real and they're actually capable of, I don't know, smiting you if they feel like it. Or tearing you away from your entire world, literally! What am I supposed to do, how does a person choose which side to be on in something like that?" Aurelia fixed her gaze on Gideon but, she didn't show anger towards him. Rather, she held a mixed expression of confusion and frustration.

She was lost, and she wondered if he had a truly helpful answer for her. She wasn't sure what to do about this kind of situation. Before this, all she had been worried about was surviving, making it. Now, she had something much bigger to think about. "This is crazy.."
Aurelia

Messages In This Thread
RE: See in the World what you Carry in your Heart - by Aurelia - 11-12-2020, 10:01 PM