A Lively Place
Dani Regan

Age: 26 | Height: 5'1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Kuhlu Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Dani
Who have you chose
to stand as your martyr?
"If you can get close to them..?" Dani's eyes widened in surprise, letting loose an astonished laugh. "I never even considered that we might be able to personally interact with them. The alleged gods of my former world were supposed to be solitary and elusive, the only evidence of their existence coming in the form of their supposed judgements. Those who claimed to speak with them were considered spiritual powerhouses in their own right." She recalled all of this with moderate disdain, as thoughts of the church could not be had without thoughts of the people it had oppressed. "Of course, it was likely all just nonsense anyways." She waved a hand dismissively to emphasize her opinion on the matter.

"But you're saying it's different here. Have you spoken with any of these gods? Do they walk Caido the same as we do? What distinguishes them as gods?" She leaned forward in anticipation of his responses, before recalling the initial source of this topic and cringing at her own insensitivity. She leaned back once more and smiled sheepishly. "Please forgive me, you don't have to answer all of that. It's just all still so new for me."

As Dani watched the man continue his painting, she found herself relaxing as she lazily traced the strokes of his paintbrush with her eyes. Bastien was a charming man with a reassuring presence, she thought. The polarity existing between him and the Hallowed Grounds residents was comical, but the way they seemed to exist together so naturally inspired newfound optimism in Dani. She decided she'd try to lighten up on her criticisms of the place.

"I'm not sure if happy is quite the right word for it." Dani responded, sifting through her feelings carefully so as not to misjudge them. "I suppose thankful would be more accurate." She smiled, feeling assured in her self-assessment. "I didn't have much left for me in Getia, so it feels like I've been gifted a second chance to make a fulfilling life for myself. Happiness will come from what I decide to do with this opportunity."

Dani decided she held a lot of admiration for Bastien and his perspective. While Dani had been quick to move on from her problems, Bastien seemed to grow with them. If it had been her, the loss of someone she loved would have spurred her to leave and find a place that wasn't haunted by memories of the past. However, Bastien seemed content honoring those memories in his daily life. They were opposites in that respect, and she felt herself wishing she could emulate his outlook. However, she couldn't bring herself to say any of this aloud. "You're a good person." It had come to be such an overused and inane phrase, but she hoped it carried some of her sentiments anyways.

"What, so you're saying we have doppelgänegers, too?" She laughed boisterously, clutching her stomach. "Well, it's a good thing I'm this me, and not that me! The more we learn, the weirder it becomes." She wiped tears from her eyes. "None of it makes any sense at all. How did you even learn that?"
To prove purposeful
in courses uncharted

Messages In This Thread
A Lively Place - by Dani - 11-02-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: A Lively Place - by Bastien - 11-02-2020, 08:45 PM
RE: A Lively Place - by Dani - 11-02-2020, 11:36 PM
RE: A Lively Place - by Bastien - 11-03-2020, 09:22 PM
RE: A Lively Place - by Dani - 11-04-2020, 04:13 AM
RE: A Lively Place - by Bastien - 11-04-2020, 11:03 PM
RE: A Lively Place - by Dani - 11-08-2020, 01:37 AM
RE: A Lively Place - by Bastien - 11-09-2020, 10:47 PM
RE: A Lively Place - by Dani - 11-11-2020, 03:24 AM