{Seasonal Event} I Move the Stars for No One
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
The Brow went up at Remi's demure deflection about heroics. The boy tried to help everyone, especially if there was danger involved. Maybe there wasn't much call for such things in his former home - though from Isla's words there had been - but Caido was a far different story. Still, if he wanted to keep lying to himself the bard knew from their brief experience together that his words would do nothing to convince the pup otherwise. Actions and time would have to serve instead.

"Yes, that's right," he said instead, pleasantly approving of Remi's knowledge. "I learned of them in an herbal I've been translating, and found a journal verifying their presence in the maze but... the journal was written several decades ago or more, so I wasn't certain how reliable it was. The only way to be sure was to come see for myself." He shrugged a little, lips quirking in a smile. "I was hoping Isla could help me make something useful of them for someone if I could bring some back. And with Long Night approaching it seemed like a good thing for the infirmary to have on hand."

"Uninteresting would be lovely," Jigano agreed fervently, squinting a glare up at a squirrel who was paralleling their progress on top the hedge beside them. "Though as you say, if getting out is harder than getting in, i'm sure I'll be picking thorns and twigs from hair all night." He sighed and gave a rueful shake of his head, wondering if he should go ahead and braid his hair back in preparation for their departure. It would mean colder ears and neck, but the discomfort would be worth it to keep the silvery mane clean and neat in the face of a squirrely assault.

Another turn, another mark, another thorn in the ground as they followed their fuzzy guides. Jigano noted with suspicion that the little creatures seemed to be getting happier and more excited the deeper in the maze they went, especially now that they weren't spiraling slowly in, but taking a more direct route. "At least no one was hurt," the bard agreed. "That was a strange business, to say the least. But I suppose we'll just have to see for ourselves. At least the herbs are supposedly only 'near' the center of the labyrinth, not actually in the center, so if there's a creature lurking there we might be able to avoid it if we're stealthy enough."

Messages In This Thread
RE: {Seasonal Event} I Move the Stars for No One - by Jigano - 01-19-2019, 08:06 PM