[SE] Light Can be Heavy Too
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sacrifice what you are for what you can become
Dani was very charming, indeed, her curtsy making Henry chuckle. He didn't recall anyone ever curtsying for him before but, it was a welcome surprise. So as not to be rude, he offered his own playful bow in return.  He cast a furtive glance at her dark red hair. Hair that color was unusual, but, he thought that it suited her.  Anden was friendly, as well, though a little more reserved. He seemed nice, though, taking the girl's coat and wiping it clean.

Henry's smile hardened into a more serious expression when Dani and Anden clarified that his suspicions had been correct. They weren't from the Hollowed Grounds, not even from Caido. They were Outlanders. At Dani's question, Henry's eyes wandered up to the far wall as he imagined what it must have been like to be an outlander. He came back down to earth quickly, though, tucking his ponderings away for later. "No, I was born and raised here in the Hollowed Grounds. I've never really been anywhere else, either. Not for more than selling goods, anyway," he explained to her, his tone faltering at the end.

Henry loved his home. And he loved the family and friends he had there. But, after twenty-five years of working on the farm, he wanted more out of life. He was incredibly unhappy that, in spite of that, he couldn't seem to get out - in a broad sense. Not that it was anyone else's fault but his own. He just didn't know what to do about it.

He breezed on with a small yet heavy sigh and an understanding smile that he offered the both of them, "I don't know what it's like to lose everything but, I can try to understand how it must feel... It must be scary. But, I'm glad you've found a place to stay and friends to rely on. Usually, people around here are very accomodating to Outlanders... well, because we get a lot of them. So, in that sense, you're really not alone at all; there are lots of people who know exactly what you're going through, or who want to help," he scratched the back of his head, "hopefully that is a little comforting, at least."

He was about to move on to the next step; the glue. Then, he realized that Anden had asked him probably the most important question he could ask at that moment.

Henry paused and said, "Oh, yeah. The lanterns! Well, they're for the Festival of Lights that's coming up later this season. Everyone that goes usually makes lanterns and dolls. It might be a nice thing for you both to go too, if you want. It's... um, well, the lanterns are lit for our loved ones that have been lost. Whether that's... you know, the people back in your home world or people who passed away. There's really no wrong way to do it. I, personally, like to make floating lanterns," he gestured to the ingredients laid out across the table with a proud grin - he thought himself very clever for this - but, as he explained their purpose, his smile disappeared once more, "they're kind of my specialty. My brother and I lost our grandparents when we were young. He only remembers them a little but, I was old enough to remember everything. They're the ones who started my family's farm. They were really kind and generous. If someone was in need, they would give whatever they could spare to help that person. They were the best kind of people, you know. Anyway, that was a looong time ago, so... don't worry about me."

He offers a genuine, reassuring smile, "In honor of their memory, I make lanterns every year. For some reason I can't explain, it gives me a lot of hope to see these go up into the air and light up the sky."
HENRY

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Henry - 11-06-2020, 12:51 PM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Dani - 11-08-2020, 04:06 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Anden - 11-09-2020, 04:54 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Henry - 11-10-2020, 06:29 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Dani - 11-11-2020, 07:08 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Anden - 11-11-2020, 04:30 PM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Henry - 11-11-2020, 11:54 PM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Dani - 11-18-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Anden - 11-23-2020, 02:55 AM
RE: [SE] Light Can be Heavy Too - by Henry - 11-24-2020, 01:28 AM