{SE} I thought I was done with lectures
Seasonal thread 1
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ray walked along the coastline until she reached Hale Ka’aila. However as she approached she found a small doll in the sand. Turning it over, the grinning porcelain mask sent a shiver down her spine. Feeling oddly compelled, she placed it in her bag. Something told her it was important. Just as she reached Hale Ka’aila she froze. Standing there, body almost translucent, was her mother. Her mother who had passed five years ago. Almost tripping on her feet Ray approached.

"Mom?" She asked hesitantly.
The figure turned around slowly and Ray flinched. Her mother was crying.

"My daughter, I'm so sorry. I never meant to leave you so young. Much less leave you in the care of only your father. He taught you his trade. I never wanted that. I wanted you to be free of the underworld. I failed you." The specter all but whispered

"No! It's ok. I'm ok! Please don't cry." Ray all but begged. She could never stand her mother's tears.

"You've been forced to use my teachings for methods in which I never wanted. I saw your face. Your guilt and pain as you used my knowledge of medicines to craft poisons. And although it pains me I can't blame you. Instead I almost feel relief that my knowledge put food on your table. What kind of mother does that make me?"

"The best. The absolute best. Please don't cry. Don't blame yourself."

Ray's mother simply smiled gratefully, but she still cried. "Thank you. Be safe my love." She vanished into the breeze.

Ray stood there shocked, shakily putting a hand to her cheek where she felt her own tears. That was the absolute last thing she expected to experience today.

"Hello daughter."

Ray whipped around. Ah and there was her father, dead of three years, wearing his usual smirk. Of course.

"If you start crying I'm going to scream." Ray warned.

The specter of her father laughed "No. I just wanted to say hi. And give you some advice on your broker dealings." Her father then launched into a three hour speech that was clearly rehearsed. He critiqued every single one of her deals, her spy management, decorum, etc. And then offered more advice then Ray could keep track of. Her head hurt by the end.

"Go all that?' He finally asked.

"No. But thanks." Ray said honestly, rubbing her temple. Her father simply laughed and just as her mother had, he vanished into the breeze.

"Love yah you brat. Have fun."

Ray stood there for a long time. She just wanted to walk on the beach. Not have an overwhelming reunion with her dead parents or receive a lecture.

She continued walking along the shore, lost in thought. It then occurred to her. If ghosts from her past were around. Others might be too. She decided to wander and see if she encountered anyone else, or any other spirits.

Messages In This Thread
{SE} I thought I was done with lectures - by Ray - 11-08-2020, 06:15 PM