[seasonal event] my ghost
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RexannA
just how far would you go
when the drugs aren't hitting home?
I’ll be sure to drop by.” Rexanna hummed with a light smile and a nod. It couldn’t hurt to have female friends, right? Someone to rant to men about – though she supposed Remi would be a good option for that too. Perhaps the three of them would be able to get together sometime with a good bottle of wine and just rant. That was for another time, however, as Phoebe and her were on a task to gather things and she needed to at least focus a bit.

But as she spoke of Bastien, Rexanna’s own head tilted and the gears in her mind started swirling. Giving Phoebe a small smile and a huff of a laugh, her shoulders rolled in a shrug under her furs. “People will worship however they want. Be lucky he’s not like some from my home that would sacrifice people.” She added with a glance sent in her direction. Yet she began to speak of Frey and what they were really like, and Rexanna paid it quite a good deal of attention before it slipped back into being about Bastien.

So she really didn’t like the man. Rexanna snorted in a quiet laugh at the idea – having found Bastien charming and dramatic and entertaining in quite a few different ways. “May I be honest with you?” She questioned, pausing to stop in step and look upon the young woman. “We’re all from different places, and Bastien is from one of those places I didn’t know existed. People will do things differently and how they deem it fit. If Frey managed to influence his masquerade, I imagine if Safrin found his church to be against her ideals, wouldn’t she have appeared to him before and told him?” She pondered thoughtfully, her voice never losing it’s sultry purr. “And how has he made it not safe?” She asked, honestly curious as to what kind of idea Phoebe had about the church.

Her experience at the masquerade was nothing but hospitable. He hadn’t forced anyone to follow into the back room – only those who wished to went, everyone else had the ability to enjoy the bar at the front and chat. There was nothing that screamed that Bastien was a bad man for trying to worship the best way he knew how. In fact, Rexanna had participated in the back room solely for the fact of trying to worship Frey in the way she knew how. What made it different?

Though Phoebe now began to speak of how Frey had reacted to Remi and her, and Rexanna laughed quietly in response with another roll of her shoulders – beginning to trudge through the snow again. “Perhaps it’s because you asked them what they wanted. Remi and I had offended them when we first met – the second time I had met them I was being self destructive in trying to help Remi and atone for my past sins.” She pondered, her hand tapping on her chin thoughtfully. “You have no prior experience, and maybe Frey simply wanted to help you figure yourself out. You can learn a lot about yourself in that regard.” She added, turning to Phoebe with a knowing glance.

Bastien’s party, however, was a great time. Nobody was forced into anything, it was all free will. Everyone who came knew what his church was about, it wasn’t a surprise.” She added, her gaze turning a bit more contemplative again. “Despite what you think of him, Bastien is a good man. But he’s the kind of man that knows what he wants and goes and gets it; there’s nothing wrong with that. He’s entertaining and contemplative with people.” She began, another tangent to expand upon. “But that doesn’t mean you have to like him. But I don’t find him to be the monster it seems you’re portraying him as.” Her gaze narrowed slightly on Phoebe as she focused in on the girl.

I’ll be honest with you; I was beaten and branded by my ex-husband before I escaped him. I watched my kingdom burn to the ground while I fled and did nothing to help my fellow people. Frey took the brand away, showed me that I could be my own person and I didn’t need to harm myself protecting others. It was a lesson I needed desperately. But Bastien, he’s accommodating and kind enough, but he's cultured differently than we. I am cultured differently than you. We all came from different places – we’ve all done things differently, but is it possible that you both are just too stubborn to see the other side? To talk it through?” She finally said, that hum in her voice making it seem like a less serious conversation than they were having. She then planted her hands in her pockets to keep them warm while she looked to Phoebe to see what kind of response she’d receive.
unwind my veins like rope.
a kaleidoscope, detach until we choke.

coding

Messages In This Thread
[seasonal event] my ghost - by Rexanna - 01-19-2019, 03:14 AM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Phoebe - 01-19-2019, 10:51 PM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Rexanna - 01-22-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Phoebe - 01-22-2019, 10:04 PM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Rexanna - 01-24-2019, 08:23 AM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Phoebe - 01-24-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Rexanna - 01-25-2019, 02:55 AM
RE: [seasonal event] my ghost - by Phoebe - 01-25-2019, 02:09 PM