Mini Event ringing all the warning bells
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

There have been some developments; the Wraith’s face is more grim, her body more tense as she heads to the Temple for the meeting. Knowing that she has to deliver bad news has prompted her to write down her thoughts - and the notes for this are secured in a cloak pocket. Climbing the few steps to use a podium placed before the altars at the Temple, Wessex waits until it appears that all the stragglers are in before starting.

“Thanks for coming. I meant this to be a meeting where we can decide what to do with the Hollowed Ground. How to improve it - how you want to improve it. I know how shitty the soil is, how our livestock are thin and half our buildings are still in ruins. I wanted to fix that. But I’ve also learned some troubling news lately, and you all should know too.” This is their home, after all. Their lives.

“The Old Gods are threatened by an Ascended presence here. They seem to think it’s a major threat and have sent some of their demigods to the Greatwood. To stand against us, if something should happen.” Spreading her hands in a helpless gesture, the Queen looks to her people. “I don’t want something to happen. Don’t want a war. Hadn’t planned on any aggressions. Hell, most of the Ascended here are artists  - painter, potter, writer, bookmaker. Teenagers. Newcomers. They aren’t like me.” That last bit has some weight to it; whatever everyone might think of her - positive or negative - she felt it important to draw the distinction between disliking and mistrusting her and everyone else. “I can’t sit back and watch the pieces move without putting our own defenses together. I think it’d be irresponsible and dangerous because I don’t know what else might be going on. And if an attack comes, I don’t know if they could target just the Ascended, or everyone who lives here.”

It’s a risk she just can’t take. She also realizes it's a risk others might not be willing to take.

“If all of this has you nervous, I don’t blame you. I hope you stay to defend our home, but you do decide to leave the Ground, I’ll speak with other leaders to make sure you’re welcomed with open arms. All I ask is that if you think you’re going to leave, to refrain from voting.” A suggestion obviously, not a command.

“So I’m suggesting some new options for our Regional Quest. We could try to keep the demigods out of the Grounds, we could make an alarm system that incapacitates an invading group for a bit, giving us time to prepare. We could see if there’s something that will give us the homeland advantage. Or, as suggested before, we could improve the soil quality.” She quickly looks through the crowd to see if someone in particular is there. When her gaze lands on him, she nods and then returns to the people. “Oliver was also the only one to step forward to join the council.” She is keenly aware of what she told Bastien earlier, but finds herself in a trap and well - her word is her word. “If he wants it, the position is his.”

A couple of people bring out four boxes for them to vote into. “Any question?” If there are, she’ll answer them before proceeding. “Majority rules,” she says with a gesture to the boxes.

-------------------
You have 24 hours to ask a question, 48 hours before voting ends - or until everyone who wants to vote has done so.

DM Astor on Discord with your choice. If you’re IC considering leaving the HG (I know there was some discussion), consider not voting at all, but obviously that’s just a suggestion.

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here

Messages In This Thread
ringing all the warning bells - by Wessex - 11-13-2020, 08:50 PM
RE: ringing all the warning bells - by Amun - 11-13-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: ringing all the warning bells - by Oliver - 11-13-2020, 09:08 PM
RE: ringing all the warning bells - by Wessex - 11-13-2020, 09:09 PM
RE: ringing all the warning bells - by Amun - 11-13-2020, 09:34 PM
RE: ringing all the warning bells - by Belril - 11-13-2020, 11:30 PM
RE: ringing all the warning bells - by Bastien - 11-14-2020, 10:24 AM
RE: ringing all the warning bells - by Samuel - 11-14-2020, 11:23 AM