flick of the wrist
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
eyes can't shine unless there's something burning bright behind
Aurelia followed suit, climbing up onto one of the sun-soaked rocks jutting out of the water opposite to Jack. Water bubbled from her boots as she propped them up. She glanced down at them with a shrug. It's time for a new pair anyway. His silence, again, brought a nervous hitch to her breath. Though it could've easily been caused by the chill from getting soaked. Fresh goosebumps raised up from her skin as her hazel eyes met his crooked smile. She looked away and bit her lip.

Had she really figured that out? Maybe, she probably knew from the beginning that Jack wasn't exactly the most honorable and, by association, neither was his crew. He was decent enough to offer her a place to stay and in exchange she helped with the ship, but beyond that... she didn't pay attention to things that didn't involve her, keeping her head low, trying not to piss anyone off. Now that she was asking for a more official position, it only made sense that he would need her to be made aware.

When she had this proposal in mind, she figured maybe she could become the Ark's navigator or something. You know, learn a new trade. Uncertain eyes wandered back to Jack's lean, grizzled face, her brows bearing down and her mouth in a straight line.

Maybe I was always meant to be... this; cutthroat. My hands are never going to be clean no matter what I do from this point... She couldn't be soft before; life's harsh and the paths she walked seemed especially so at times. It was at a point where she felt bitter about it. As if it was somehow personal, as if the cosmic beings that be had it out for her. Or maybe I am grievously unlucky.

So as she stared across at Jack, she knew it was one of those moments in life that defines the path ahead. Whatever choice she made, whether it was to accept or decline his offer, would have its own ripple effect. Jack's keeping her past a secret was preferable, as well. She somehow didn't feel cornered, though. Of course this was the offer he was giving her, not that she could blame him.

"Fuckin' Jack," she muttered into the breeze.

She sighed, muscles taut, "I don't care that you're smugglers. I don't. But I want more than grunt work. I can help you with.. whatever it is you have in mind. I'll kill for you, if that's what you're asking," the words came out easier, more willingly, than she expected them to. Her gaze turned sharper as she sought out his own, "I can prove my worth and my loyalty. If I need to, I will. But I want to be more than a glorified guard dog." She crossed her arms and raised a quizzical brow at him. Those were her terms; a promise of something more. Whether it was now or, eventually, later. But she had no intention of settling.
Aurelia

Messages In This Thread
flick of the wrist - by Jack - 11-14-2020, 12:56 PM
RE: flick of the wrist - by Aurelia - 11-14-2020, 02:04 PM
RE: flick of the wrist - by Jack - 11-15-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: flick of the wrist - by Aurelia - 11-15-2020, 10:07 PM
RE: flick of the wrist - by Jack - 11-15-2020, 11:25 PM
RE: flick of the wrist - by Aurelia - 11-17-2020, 06:53 AM
RE: flick of the wrist - by Jack - 11-18-2020, 07:17 PM
RE: flick of the wrist - by Aurelia - 11-20-2020, 01:49 AM
RE: flick of the wrist - by Jack - 11-20-2020, 06:25 PM
RE: flick of the wrist - by Aurelia - 11-23-2020, 09:48 PM