You should be living a different life
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
– NATE –
"I've helped out with a few things like that." Nate nods along to himself while he speaks. Even on this trip, he'd helped Amun repair a building to be used as his office. It is not what he and Sunjata have planned for their home though. "We picked out a spot already. I'll invite you, when it's done."

"I learned early on that most people are just faking things until it starts to work out." Nate pauses for a moment, doing his best to not let his mind wander to every instance his words applied to himself, doing his best to not think about this conversation as an example. "It has to be the same for all kinds of big shots too. It's... kind of nice, in a way. Reassuring, or whatever." Something about not being the only one to suffer through something made it a touch easier to bear.

Nate licks his lips, narrow eyes searching Sam's face for his intentions before he rolls his shoulders back. "Depends. It changed a lot. Week by week, day by day sometimes." Reaching out to grab his cup again, to  create another moment of silence to arrange his words into something easy to say. "I did work for my old man mostly. Became a kind of jack of all trades." The vagueness is a warning to not ask for specifics again, though Nate is happy enough to steer the conversation into blander memories, things from his childhood and teen years sanitized for Sam's sensibilities. It's actually pleasant to spend an afternoon like this, drinking tea and falling into a strange familiarity. Something they can do again sometime.

Fin
king rat on the streets in another life
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
You should be living a different life - by Samuel - 11-17-2020, 05:45 PM
RE: You should be living a different life - by Nate - 12-11-2020, 08:00 AM