fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
"Yes, thank you." Juniper nods -- and notices the housekeeper's curiosity, finding it amusing rather than offensive. She wouldn't have expected Wessex's home to be so, well, homey. Somehow she had always imagined the Queen in some sort of icy palace, though she knew well that no such place existed in the Hollowed Grounds. That was more of a Halo thing, wasn't it?

And then the conversation got difficult -- though not as difficult as it would get, Juniper suspected. Wessex certainly had a point; though Juniper hadn't considered it that way at the time, she could see now how making her case by letter instead of in person could be a sign of disrespect. They were not starting on good terms, and it was Juniper's fault. "I apologize. I did not intend to slight you as a leader, but I can see that intentionally or not, I did so. In truth, I did not believe that you would agree to a meeting -- but I should have asked instead of assuming as much."

Should Juniper mention her real reason for sending a letter -- the fear for her own safety that had been her primary motivation? Or would it only insult Wessex further to imply that she might be so uncivilized as to harm a diplomat? Probably best to leave it unspoken for now.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: fragile creature on collision with our judgement days - by Juniper - 11-25-2020, 04:32 PM