fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
"I will certainly keep that in mind for the future," Juniper said, with a small smile -- a smile that was very nearly genuine. She didn't really expect to ever come back and speak to Wessex again -- but even having the opportunity would mean that things here had gone well, wouldn't it? In a best-case scenario, Juniper supposed she'd be seeing quite a lot of Wessex, if the trial went forward in some form.

But she doubted that best-case scenario would come to pass -- and what she said now would help determine that. She wanted to take a deep breath before starting on the topic she'd really come here to discuss, but she didn't want to seem afraid or hesitant, so she just launched into it: "As you know from my letter, I seek to hold you and your fellow Ascended accountable for your attack on the Greatwood two years ago. I am not asking you to submit to some sort of bloody retribution; my hope is to find justice, not revenge. The Governor of Torchline and Warden of Halo have agreed to arbitrate a trial in which the Ascended would be judged for their actions."

There was more Juniper could say -- she could give a whole sales pitch -- but she would rather see how Wessex responded to this straightforward laying out of the facts first. Her arguments could wait until she knew whether Wessex was simply going to kick her out of her house, or worse, attack her.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: fragile creature on collision with our judgement days - by Juniper - 12-03-2020, 05:33 PM