fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
"I can't truly speak to Delah's actions. I wasn't part of her government." Had Juniper been rambling? She was beginning to suspect as much. Better rein that in, resist the urge to over-explain, to qualify and specify. Otherwise, she could easily talk herself into a corner -- and she knew quite well that Wessex would seize on any contradiction in her speech, pinpoint her mistakes like butterflies on a dissection board. "We have a new leader now, and a new government, of which I am a part."

Juniper tilted her head, though, at Wessex's last sentence. "An excuse for what?"

Did Wessex think this was all part of some grand plan to persecute the Ascended? Well, such a plan might well exist, but Juniper wasn't part of it. It wasn't like she could lie about her motives, after all -- though she could understand why Wessex might not find the Fae's honesty too comforting. They couldn't lie, but they could omit and mislead ... But so far Juniper's words had been genuine.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: fragile creature on collision with our judgement days - by Juniper - 12-06-2020, 02:48 AM