fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper was surprised to hear Wessex's apology, and she took a moment to absorb it ... What was she supposed to say in return? Certainly not "apology accepted." While Juniper might entertain the possibility that Wessex's words were sincere, they came too little, too late. "Thank you for apologizing, but I hope you can see that a simple apology, however appreciated, will not make this go away. Especially a private one."

Perhaps if Wessex was willing to express contrition in public, that might actually help ... But Juniper thought that would still be inadequate.

Wessex's other answer caused Juniper's eyebrows to shoot up, but she took a moment to think before replying. "If I may be blunt: it seems that now you are the one using Delah as a 'convenient excuse.' Two years is a short time even in an outsider's life; for the Fae, it is nothing. I am telling you now that Delah's actions were not enough -- I would not be here if my people did not still feel your attack as an open wound, at risk of gangrene."

Tilting her head slightly, Juniper tried an appeal: "This does not have to be a wholly antagonistic experience. If you truly regret what happened two years ago, if you consider it a mistake, then work with me to atone for your actions. The Warden suggested that her advice at trial would be for the Ascended to assist the Fae, to make amends, rather than to face simple retribution. As unlikely as it seems, I would not rule out the possibility of a settlement that is workable for both of us."

This time Juniper perhaps did not speak the whole truth: she knew that the Fae were a proud people, unlikely to accept help from their enemies, even if the Ascended were to offer it. But she had not lied; Morgan had suggested such a thing, and it could happen.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days - by Juniper - 12-10-2020, 06:25 PM