fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Presumably Juniper was meant to be intimidated by the laugh, by Wessex's note of condescension. She wasn't, though, simply stating, "You're right. I don't know very much about you. I'm here to learn."

Juniper raised her eyebrows as Wessex continued. "Where do we draw the line? That is, I suppose, a matter of debate, but there is a line to be drawn -- a distinction to be made between any grudge, any time and punishing multiple murders and deicide after two years. Queen Wessex, I am willing to consider other ideas, but not those that completely shut down my people's desire for closure for reasons you admit are 'pulled out of thin air.' That is not cooperation. But if you are interested in cooperation, then tell me: What alternative, what compromise, would you offer?"

Taking a breath, Juniper realized that this was a good moment to transition to address Wessex's next statement. "I would not describe my concept of a trial as 'pulled out of thin air,' either. It was conceived as an alternative to needless bloodshed and revenge -- and the attacks on Ascended are part of what I'm trying to prevent, by slaking my people's thirst for justice. I don't condone attacks on the Ascended any more than I do the Ascended's attacks on the Fae, and I am committed to investigating those attacks. If I -- or anyone else -- discovers the culprit, they too will be held accountable."

As for the anti-Ascended forces massing in the Greatwood, Juniper said nothing. She would address that question if Wessex pushed the matter, but she didn't intend to volunteer information on that front.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days - by Juniper - 12-15-2020, 04:55 PM