fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper took a long, long moment to let Wessex's words sink in. It was a decent counteroffer, and Juniper appreciated that Wessex was willing to make a real offer, though she couldn't help but notice the self-sacrificial tenor of the Wraith's suggestion. I'll submit myself to whatever punishment, without any word on the other two Ascended who had been involved in the attack.

The thing was, Juniper was starting to realize that she was a bit further out of her depth than she'd believed herself to be -- and she'd walked in here knowing that she was treading water. Though she didn't intend to tell Wessex as much, she hadn't known that the Order sought the destruction of all the Ascended, just that they were handling the "offensive" part of the war likely to come ... Which would logically include attacking the Ascended, but Juniper had assumed that was a contingency, not the entire plan -- that they would attack only if the Ascended struck first.

She didn't know anything about this compass that Wessex described, and thus had no idea how important the intelligence Wessex was asking for might be, though she assumed it was pretty major, given how much the Wraith was willing to offer for it.

Wetting her lips slightly, Juniper said, "I can understand why the Order is your primary concern, yes. I have questions about your proposal, however. I think the 'small caveats' to your punishment might be significant, so I'd like more details on those. And I would ask if it's possible to bring the other two Ascended who participated in the attack in as well, though I understand that that's a taller order. No pun intended."

Pausing, Juniper added, "Even I thought this were a wonderful idea -- and I am frankly undecided on that -- I couldn't say yes to you here, today, alone. But I can certainly carry word of your offer back to the Greatwood."

Was that a good thing, or would Wessex view it as a threat? Juniper certainly didn't intend to try to sneak Wessex a glimpse of a compass without the Order's permission -- not when she had no idea what that glimpse might actually mean for the future.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days - by Juniper - 12-18-2020, 02:20 AM