fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper sighed as Wessex spoke, then shook her head with a rueful smile. "I hoped you wouldn't say that. This plan depends on the Order's cooperation -- I don't intend to try to deceive them -- and I can't promise you that without consulting them."

Not that Juniper actually personally knew any Order members to consult. (At least, not to her knowledge.) But she imagined that if she brought the problem to Remi, or perhaps Gideon, they would have input -- and would know better than Juniper did just how much Wessex was asking. What would seeing a compass in use enable Wessex to do? It seemed like such a small request, insignificant, but that apparent insignificance only made Juniper more wary. This offer felt like a trap.

Maybe she should just be upfront with Wessex about her reservations. Though she didn't really expect Wessex to answer -- or know if she could believe the Wraith's words if she did -- Juniper added, "How will seeing an Order member use their compass help you protect the Grounds?"
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days - by Juniper - 12-18-2020, 06:15 PM