fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper rose when Wessex did, knowing that the meeting had reached its natural conclusion. Not the conclusion she had hoped for, perhaps, but it could have gone at lot worse (hence those just-in-case letters left with Alina).

"Thank you for meeting me," Juniper said. "You've given me a lot to think about."

That was her biggest takeaway from their encounter, really. While Juniper might not have agreed to Wessex's requests, Wessex's words had impacted her, had taken root in her mind and given her doubts about the Order. Doubts about the war that everyone seemed to think was inevitable ... Juniper was starting to realize that avenging past wrongs might be less important than preventing future ones. If there was a way to keep Caido out of war -- or just to keep the Greatwood out of war -- Juniper intended to find it.

"I hope we'll speak again," Juniper added -- truthfully, of course. Because as long as she and Wessex had things to talk about, negotiations to make, then the Fae and the Ascended weren't at total kill-each-other-on-sight war.

No, they hadn't come to an agreement, but if Wessex could have read Juniper's mind, she might not be too disappointed with today's outcome.

{FIN}
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: fragile creatures on collision with our judgement days - by Juniper - 12-20-2020, 09:26 PM