[SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon
the priest
Give your heart and soul to charity
'Cause the rest of you
Gideon, a perceptive enough man (it helped, when one spent a lot of time evangelising, to know how people felt), picked up on the sudden tension in Aurelia, but mentioned nothing of it until she did, hoping it might find as she let reason take over from emotion. Once, he had been tempted to consider the Ascended as people too, to want to give them a chance; when Jonah's words had gotten to his head, but logic soon enough took him out.

He glanced at the dropped stick, keeping his eyes on it as she spoke. Her words were gentle; he could tell she was trying to be kind, but Gideon thought more than anything she showed her youth and inexperience.

"I assume you mean people in your old world." He said, speaking firmly but softly, looking up to meet her gaze. "You are in Caido now, and things are not always the same. The Ascended are not simply people with different abilities; they have goals, ideals in mind that are an affront to our natures and wellbeing. I wish it was as simple as deciding to forgive and forget, but then I would look up in ten years-" Gideon gestured around the beach, the sparkling ocean and the swaying trees. "-And all this would be replaced with machinery."
The best of you, Honey, belongs to me

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees - by Aurelia - 11-20-2020, 05:08 AM
RE: [SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees - by Gideon - 12-27-2020, 09:18 PM