[SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
AURELIA
and my hands aren't clean
maybe they never will be
He would sooner rub salt in an open wound than try to see the benefit of a different point of view. Sometimes that's what 'problems' need; a fresh take. Yeah, sure, the fact that she'd yelled at him a bit had probably not been helpful. Probably. Aurelia doesn't know how to be a diplomat, though. She's not good at this whole conversion, 'see things my way' bullcrap. All she knows is what she believes to be right or wrong, and that she feels pretty damn strongly about it - stronger than she ever has.

He leaned toward her, the intensity of his words growing as the space between them shrank, and suddenly Aurelia felt very small. She pursed her lips, muscles in her jaw feathering as her teeth clenched. Some sort of invisible walls were closing in around them. He wasn't going to be happy with them having different ideals, and neither was she; not when they were on such different sides of the spectrum. He wanted her to choose, for no other reason than he wanted her to side against the Ascended. And what the fuck would that even entail?

"What would you have me do, Gideon?" She seethed, gaze narrowing, voice so low and yet so full of rage that it was almost a growl, "Join a war that you're restarting? Risk it all just because you say?" She turns to face him more fully, placing a hand down in the sand, "I may not have been here for very long, but since I got here I've never felt like anything was inherently wrong with this world except when I'm around you, listening to you." And what did that say? She could only wonder! Her gaze looked him up and down with disdain before she reeled back, clarity returning to her tones, "I don't think I will anymore."

She gathered up her materials, Ludo Doll included, and got to her feet. She'd give him one last, unreadable look before she marched away, leaving him there to his own devices. She would make no meaningless threats, no empty promises, she wouldn't tell him to go back where he came from... but all of it roiled in her chest, a fire ignited that she couldn't just put out.

~fin.
but they can still carry you home
when you're ready to sleep

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees - by Aurelia - 11-20-2020, 05:08 AM
RE: [SE] Carving Spirits from the Trees - by Aurelia - 01-20-2021, 10:16 AM