Mini Event When the end will not reveal its face
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
"It's nice to meet you as well," Juniper said to Remi -- she knew who he was, of course, and not just because he had called this meeting. Then she settled back to listen to the others' conversation. She didn't exactly have a lot of suggestions for fighting a war ... Her hope was that war would not come to the Greatwood, while Alina and Remi spoke as if it were a foregone conclusion. But she chose not to speak up and remind them that it might not come to pass; she understood that they were making plans for a contingency -- a likely contingency -- and that those plans had to be made, despite all her hopes. If their work turned out to be wasted, great.

She also would have liked to ask more about the Order -- the word "Stormbreak" was unfamiliar -- but she didn't want to interrupt the planning when everyone else seemed to already know. Context clues were enough for her to understand that they were allies, elsewhere -- and not the Greatwood's only allies, she remembered. That was worth speaking up: "The Warden of Halo has agreed to help defend the Greatwood if we are attacked unprovoked. Her support could be valuable."

Not as valuable as all of Mort's legions marching back into the Greatwood -- or as a repaired Mathair; Alina's idea lit up Juniper's eyes -- but certainly a resource.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
When the end will not reveal its face - by Remi - 11-20-2020, 06:51 PM
RE: When the end will not reveal its face - by Juniper - 12-01-2020, 04:05 PM