(SE) The Artistic Expression of Bitterness
Open
Iris 'Siri' Acquarone
Wanderer

Age: 23 | Height: 176 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Nell Offline
Change author:
MP: 85
'Siri'

A smirk quivered on her face when he inquired about cards. "I play primero, mostly. Though I'm game if you prefer something else." She shrugged, looking at the potter for a response to the invitation. Almost done making the doll's many body parts, she got to whittling a chunky middle finger on the tiny herald's hand, her own fingers already sore from the friction.

The advisor's reluctance to talk about his liege was curious. She expected a bit of praise, prehaps. Vague and general compliments at the least. "What would I have to discuss with a queen?", she asked, smiling. "I doubt she'd have the time for a game of primero." Satisfied with the size and shape of all the doll's pieces, she made quick work of hollowing them out, before laying each piece in its proper place.

"I was curious about the place, so I came. Besides, I knew where to go lookin for skilled help." She flashed a smile at the Ascended, "And you? What prompted a follower of the new gods to make Ludo an effigy?".

Iris looked at the stage. She couldn't imagine herself on it in a million years. "I suppose so." Still, most performances were done off-stage, and in that sense at least, she could agree with the potter. A thin smile appeared at the thought.

Finally, it was time for the most difficult part of her project. Luckily, it would be an easy job for the man in front of her. "Could I bother you for a bit of your magic?", she inquired. "If you could will these strings of metal to connect the doll's limbs? And add a separate line that will connect to the hand and go out the hole in the back." She turned the torso piece around to show the point where the string would come out, and picked up the hand she wanted to connect to it, its middle finger pointing the potter's way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) The Artistic Expression of Bitterness - by Iris - 12-25-2020, 07:13 PM