i can feel you slipping through my hands (se)(o)
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
she grabbed a razor for me
and she did it, just like that
Evening was falling, the sun lowering and whispering it's goodnight to the frogs and crickets, signaling to begin their lullaby. It'd been another long day, she was moving to Halo tomorrow morning, and Aisha was on her way home from the ruins when a face across the street caught her eye. Well not a face at all; in the paling evening light, stood a woman silhouette who's head was shrouded in nothingness.

The woman's face was a circle of night, where it should've been there was instead a complete absence of light. It was unnerving, horrifying almost, but it wasn't what had made the leopardess stop. It was the dress she wore, gold and fiery and oh so beautiful, hugging her figure just right and shimmering sun rays in even the weak illumination of twilight. Aisha wanted that dress, she'd always wanted it. To wear it to parties, around the house, to simply stare at herself in the mirror with it on.

How many times had she admired her mother in it, how many times had she toyed with the ribbon made from it's hem?

She was frozen, Aisha suddenly as cold as the woman across the way. This couldn't be real, there was no way this was happening. Her mother was not here in Caido, her mother had a face, beautiful eyes and dark skin and lips to kiss her daughter's forehead and comfort her. This was a trick, a cruel trick. Aisha knew why the face was empty, this was a recreation of the doll she'd made for the herald of death. The little figurine of her mother in the dress, the face she'd left unpainted.

Knuckles turning white as she clenched them tight, Aisha snarled and roared, breaking free of her human flesh to become the leopard, barreling across the street to tear the false memory to shreds. How dare it mar her eyes with it's depiction, something she loved so dearly turned to a joke, a toy. Right before she reached the figure it shifted, turning into a leopard as well and darting through an alley behind it.

In a blind rage Aisha was following her, it, through the ruins and to somewhere she hadn't been before. It stopped at the edge of the entrance to a thorny garden, or labyrinth more like, she could see where the hedges twisted and turned up ahead. Aisha was finally on it, lunging to destroy the vision. But it was just that, a vision, and she leapt right through it, dissipating the ghost leopard and sending it back to damned realm from which it'd come.

The cat stood there for a moment, frozen again, lowered to the ground with her teeth still bared and her tail still lashing. After a few moments reality sunk back in, and past the rage she felt, the betrayal and confusion; she felt lonely. Gods, so lonely. A whimper left her throat as she stood at the edge of the labyrinth, the sun disappearing beyond it's wicked brambles, leaving her to feel empty in the shadows.

I miss you so much.
when she want something
she don't wanna pay for it

Messages In This Thread
i can feel you slipping through my hands (se)(o) - by Aisha - 12-01-2020, 03:26 AM