standing in the way of control
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
and that the world is always our fault
when we did nothing, how did we do wrong?
Aurelia tried, for a moment, to determine what kind of emotion her previous profession might invoke in Nate. But, he seemed unperturbed. At least, she hoped that was the case. At his question, her expression faltered as she tried to recall such magics and think of how to put it.

"Well, not from my experience, but it could've. The way magic worked in my world was different than here. Anyone was capable of using it, you need only know the incantations or... what-have-you. It's called a spell. But when the use of magic was outlawed, many of the spellbooks and libraries were burnt and those who supported the use of magic were killed..." She brought a hand up to scratch the back of her neck, recalling the history she had learned. Of course, none of these events had occurred in her lifetime - she only grew up in a world where magic was illegal. She hadn't known it before that. "I believe a spell that powerful, powerful enough to take me out of my own world... must have been a very well-kept secret. I didn't know a spell like that existed beforehand, or maybe I wouldn't have-"

Her eyes blinked as if coming out of a daze, realizing she'd gone on a bit of a tangent and all of her knowledge about magic was rudimentary now. For such a simple question, she had complicated the answer quite a bit. She shook her head and let out a breath through her nose, letting her words trail off. "Long story short, no... we didn't use portals to get around. That would have been against the law." She bit the side of her lip, understanding that Caido was a vastly different place and portals were used like doors.

At his questions about her health, her dark eyebrows pressed together and she shook her head again. She had no answers, and was just as confused as Nate when he was done with his examination. As far as marks went, yes, she had plenty. But they were scars, not injuries, and she knew where each and every one of them had come from. None were unaccounted for. They skimmed across her skin like patchwork, telling plenty of stories.

She had reached the same conclusions; nothing, outwardly, was amiss. It was baffling, and she could only draw conclusions based on what had changed since this feeling began. There were only two plausible causes; some form of a curse had carried over into Caido, or it was Caido itself.

Aurelia's brows remained knitted together as he indicated there was one last test he could do. She remained silent for a moment, not sure what that could possibly be. However, she was willing to try. If for nothing else, to say that she'd taken all possible measures to figure things out.

"I have to be sure, so..." she gave a curt nod, "go ahead and do it." And whatever he needed to do next, she would be compliant.
and I've been thinking that when we thought
the world would break us, that we weren't wrong

Messages In This Thread
standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-04-2020, 05:32 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-05-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-10-2020, 02:42 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-13-2020, 02:03 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-16-2020, 07:11 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-18-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-29-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-30-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 01-01-2021, 10:28 PM