standing in the way of control
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
and that the world is always our fault
when we did nothing, how did we do wrong?
She mumbles another apology, muttering something about impulsive instinct, lowering her gaze to the bleeding bite along her arm. She flexed the fingers of that hand thoughtfully, and it wasn't until Nate approached with a device of some sort that she looked up. She pulled her arm from him, tucking the wound away, "No-" she shook her head, "if you have bandages, that'll do just fine."

Her scars told her story. She may not think them to be a pretty sight, but she'd rather not be so quick to forget lessons she's learnt.

Her gaze searched his face for answers. After all, he said that it was some sort of test. His explanation of it was strange. But, she supposed that was one of the perks of being... Ascended. 'Upgrades', as he called it. Only, in this case, it seemed as if he did not discover any good news. His grin disappeared into something more apologetic.

She clamped her jaws shut as he went on to diagnose her. The emotion on her face fell from interest to thinly-veiled disappointment. "I hate being right," she muttered sourly, looking down. "but if it doesn't seem concerning to you, I guess I'll just have to regain my strength." Which came as a disappointment because she had worked very hard to get where she was before. Now she had to do it all over again, on top of starting up this new life.

Aurelia didn't notice his expression take a deeper dive, though, as she was busy thinking about herself and what this news meant. Well, the solution is simple, I guess. Damn. That's annoying, she thought.

It was only the next delivery of bad news that Aurelia's attentions snapped back up at Nate, her mouth tensing. What? At first, she was frozen by this information, didn't know what to do with it or how to react. It went against everything she knew, everything she was. "You mean... I'm not Accepted?" and she certainly wasn't an Attuned, didn't have some hidden animal waiting to shift. Her gaze and her tone darkened, "I can't be an Abandoned. That doesn't make any sense."

Oh, but it kind of did, said a small, a tiny voice in the back of her mind. She came from a world where the laws of magic were different, and anyone was able to use it. Technically, everyone in that world 'had magic'. They just had to choose whether or not they'd use it. Now, she was in Caido, where magic worked differently. Perhaps this was the way it carried over.

Aurelia rubbed the space along her temple and let out a dark chuckle, "It's just my luck to be cursed twice."
and I've been thinking that when we thought
the world would break us, that we weren't wrong

Messages In This Thread
standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-04-2020, 05:32 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-05-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-10-2020, 02:42 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-13-2020, 02:03 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-16-2020, 07:11 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-18-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 12-29-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Aurelia - 12-30-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: standing in the way of control - by Nate - 01-01-2021, 10:28 PM