you'll never have a friend like me
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
some nights feel like every night
Their eyes meet. Oh. Oh.

Utterly unexpected (how did he get so lucky as to ride on a cloud and find a companion within the same couple of weeks?), the invasion of other feelings into his mind is a surprise, but as he maintains the connection with the monkey, it all comes together. She (she? Yes, she) seems to physically brighten while he looks at her, the same feelings echoing in his head and bolstered by his own radical acceptance.

The Fixer has read about this, of course. But the reality is so much better than what anyone else can describe.

A crooked smile appears and he reaches out to encourage the monkey into his arms. It does, this time without hesitation and Falke exhales. “So I guess it’s you and me now, huh?” She squeaks a quiet agreement and the feeling in his mind fades to contentment, and safety. He can hardly move forward with this task today, now can he? There’s a lot to learn, a name - “What shall I call you - okay, ahhh, I’ll put some names out and you just… make a noise or something when you hear one you like.”

It takes seven or eight tries while he’s heading back to Haulani before the Fixer finally says “Ophelia?” and she hoots her acceptance, reaching up to climb back to a perch on his shoulder, as if now that that’s settled, she’s officially part of the team.

{Fin}
this one feels brand new
got good things on my mind when I'm with you
FALKE

Messages In This Thread
you'll never have a friend like me - by Falke - 12-10-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: you'll never have a friend like me - by Falke - 12-11-2020, 03:55 PM
RE: you'll never have a friend like me - by Falke - 12-16-2020, 07:53 PM
RE: you'll never have a friend like me - by Falke - 12-20-2020, 09:03 PM