I will refrain & be the song [SEASONAL EVENT]
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Sam wondered if Remi was friends with Isla when he mentioned healers - did he know that she had recently become Ascended too? That news still sat like a stone in Sam's stomach, coming back sometimes to remind him just how hopeless things were getting. A smaller, more insidious part of him wondered if Remi wanted Isla too, for her teeth; and if he'd spurn her during too.

"I wasn't frightened. I...I trust you." He wasn't sure what to say about the rest though. As unsatisfying as the whole thing had ended, he didn't know if he would rather it hadn't happened. It had been something, a point of feeling instead of endless nothing.
That in of itself was valuable.

In his fantasies their relationship developed from here, he knew all of the right things to say and Remi fell in love with him....but in reality, he sat there awkwardly in silence tapping the side of his teacup and staring at Remi's legs.

"I...I'm sorry too. A-about all of it. You know, if you want..." He sighed. "I will be honest. It's...not easy for m-me. But. I want to hide from you and no-not talk ever again. Not because I don't like you. Because I'm embarrassed and I don't...know how to deal with it." Sam rubbed the back of his neck and looked off to the side. "B-but I shouldn't follow that instinct. So maybe...we could say. We will be...ci-civil. And not be awkward. When we see each other. And maybe one day be friends."

Small speech finished, he looked hopefully at Remi.

Samuel
The Sun's rim dips; the stars rush out;
At one stride comes the dark;

Messages In This Thread
RE: I will refrain & be the song [SEASONAL EVENT] - by Samuel - 01-23-2019, 05:55 PM