Scattered seeds, buried lives
for Osozo
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Mildew
I don't think there is anyone under your skin
Like a Cheshire cat I think that you are just a grin
There were a lot of things involved in Mildew's practice; gathering and harvesting items from the local nature of the swamp, enchanting what she crafted, mixing concoctions and potions...but another, perhaps less obvious but no less important part of it all was time spent thinking and focusing, connecting with the earth beneath her feet and the trees that surrounded her every day.

She liked to come to the Hanging Tree to meditate. It was a place with a deep history of violence, yes, but that also mean it was interesting. Sat where she was, she knew she was in a place where there had been death, sorrow, joy...once, just plants and ground, before humans had had any part of it. Mildew placed her feet on the ground, closed her eyes and listened to the swamp as she had done millions of times, letting soft deep breaths leave her.

For a while she stayed like that, impossibly still - then an eye opened as she heard a noise that stood out. A footstep, not that of a creature, but of a person. For the moment she said nothing, just watched where the noise came from, waiting to see if anyone (or anything) would come through the trees.
And I can feel you laughing, under my skin
And the happy palpitations are making me grin

Messages In This Thread
Scattered seeds, buried lives - by Mildew - 12-21-2020, 06:13 PM
RE: Scattered seeds, buried lives - by Osozo - 12-31-2020, 07:06 AM
RE: Scattered seeds, buried lives - by Mildew - 12-31-2020, 07:09 PM
RE: Scattered seeds, buried lives - by Osozo - 01-13-2021, 01:23 AM
RE: Scattered seeds, buried lives - by Mildew - 01-14-2021, 07:00 PM