[SE] I was hungry
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sacrifice what you are for what you can become
Henry's expression remained concerned, especially when he regarded her bare feet. Still, he reminded himself that she was an Ascended - she didn't need to worry about keeping her body warm because it operated differently. It was still a bit jarring, though...

He followed after her, his feet taking long strides in an attempt to close a bit more of the distance between them - but not all of it. "Twins, okay... that definitely simplifies things. So, a tall girl with light brown hair - oh! And looks that can kill. Got it," he offered a humorous smile, should she look back at him. More seriously, he added, "I'll take to the air and see if I can find anyone. I'll be back in a bit, okay? Not gonna abandon you or anything, so... don't worry!"

At that, he turned and lifted into the air, shedding his human form for something more aerodynamic. His wings, spanning several feet, mounted the winds that blew across the hills, letting them take him with them for a short time. Then, with a monstrous flap, he veered off into the distance.

Now, Henry was a hard worker. He was extremely thorough when he set his mind to something, an ethic instilled into him by his rather strict father. Working the farm, he had to be dedicated... or it would never work. It had panged him for a moment when the Ascended girl said she had a farmhouse... but Henry didn't know of many other farms that were successful in the Grounds. His thoughts were pushed to the side, though, in favor of rescuing this missing sister of hers.

Only... Henry didn't find any sign of human life out in the fields, even when he soared so low to the ground that he nearly collided with it. As he crossed back over the valley, he passed by one of the giant, grassy pillars that stood at the center of it. He paused in the air, wings accomodating for this, looking about at the strange...thing. After a few moments, an ominous feeling made his feathers rise.

Henry returned. He eventually found the Ascended, realizing she had covered a considerable amount of ground more than he'd thought she would. He cried out to her with the eagle's voice as he lowered himself towards the ground; a fair bit of warning. His wings buffeted and eventually he slowed down, passing her by a few feet before landing.

Returning to his natural form, he got to his feet, burning breath heaving from his lungs. "I um... I'm sorry," his brows were furrowed as he looked up at her. "I looked everywhere around here. There's no sign that anyone was here... at least, not recently." He scratched the back of his head, {slightly} ignoring the feeling in his stomach that told him this was kind of weird and suspicious. "Do you-do you think she might've gone further in?" He gestured vaguely towards the rest of the Wilds.
HENRY

Messages In This Thread
[SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-01-2021, 07:53 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-04-2021, 07:04 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-04-2021, 10:41 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-06-2021, 10:08 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-07-2021, 12:10 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-07-2021, 03:51 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-07-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-11-2021, 06:43 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-11-2021, 11:28 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-12-2021, 03:58 AM