[SE] I was hungry
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sacrifice what you are for what you can become
Henry's lips sealed into a taut, frustrated line. Fine, she didn't have much interest in entertaining the giant hills, that wasn't a problem as far as he was concerned. Well.. why ask if you don't care, but all the same, it didn't particularly matter much to him either. Like he said, he'd seen no sign of anyone. If her twin sister was there, she was lying in a hole somewhere, dead. Not that he would be the one to say that out loud. It was the fact that she was being purposefully difficult, purposefully lying not to him but to herself, that was the frustrating part. He cooled himself, though, recognizing that she was clearly going through something - even if he didn't know what that was entirely. "We both know that's not true," he remarked, a bit stubbornly, "so my point still stands."

Otherwise, he'd let it go. He wasn't going to argue with her about whether or not she should give a damn about herself, for one reason or another. At least he was there to help even if she didn't want him to. A part of him, though, almost didn't trust her should he leave her on her own. She wasn't being sensible on any fronts, so he moved to stop her in her tracks. Narrowed eyes and a threat on her countenance did little to make him desist. It only prompted his tone to be more clear and purposed, giving her less of a chance to argue.

It worked! Or, at least, partly. Because suddenly the hiss on her lips was gone, replaced by a question. So maybe he was finally beginning to pull her out of this fog she was in. Good. She wouldn't be able to figure anything out if she was in a blind... er, rage. Henry was decent at being tactful, simple man as he was, so for the moment he was confident that he could do this without totally derailing her or getting socked in the face.

"The storms..." Henry's expression was incredulous. Hadn't she seen them? If she lived here... "that were right here? They covered all of this. No one could get through. They stopped at the end of Leafchange...and then all of this just... appeared, like I said."

And then she said that she had died and that threw Henry for quite a loop, a loop that ran his blood a little colder. His brows furrowed, chin tilted, his lips opened up in question, but he didn't really know what he was trying to ask. So, dumbly, he just said, "You mean you Ascended?" Because, surely, she wasn't dead and he wasn't seeing a ghost right now. Surely. Another possibility crossed his mind suddenly and he added, "Are you an Outlander?"
HENRY

Messages In This Thread
[SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-01-2021, 07:53 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-04-2021, 07:04 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-04-2021, 10:41 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-06-2021, 10:08 PM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-07-2021, 12:10 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-07-2021, 03:51 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-07-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-11-2021, 06:43 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Mabel - 01-11-2021, 11:28 AM
RE: [SE] I was hungry - by Henry - 01-12-2021, 03:58 AM