(SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe?
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
So I chase the inbetweens of what I say and what I mean
"Well... both, in a way. The Voice was once an Acquired, before she 'ascended' and became a New God. Other Acquired became what we call Abandoned. And the Voice Ascended more people, people who wished for that. She also is the one bringing people into Caido from other worlds. She's quite powerful... Some say that it's all for selfish reasons, to aid her own agendas. I don't think it's that one-sided," Henry shook his head, "because she's offering people the ability to live forever - at least, they'll never age. They don't feel physical pain, either. That's quite an exchange just for being on her side of things... and from what I've seen of her, she's more than willing to help the Ascended protect themselves."

And Henry would've given it all up for that, too, if it weren't for the fact that it was within his family's own tradition to seek out the Old Gods to Attune them. The debt was already made, an oath to keep. He didn't exactly mind that, either, but now that he was seeing both sides of this... he wasn't sure if he would do it again, if given the chance to start over.

"Oh, they did. They aimed to take control from the Old Gods, suppose it's just a matter of thinking they were right, and the others were wrong. Which went both ways. The war itself wasn't well-documented, I just know it happened and why - and I know the Old Gods, to contain the New ones, trapped them in the dome. You're lucky you arrived here after it was taken down, or you'd be stuck inside of it too. I've spent most of my life in the Hollowed Grounds through no choice of my own because of that barrier."

Whatever Neos mumbles about next goes unnoticed by Henry, now that he's fallen into the ground from surprise. He clears his throat softly, feeling a little embarrassed that he'd jump so hard just because of a sapling. It was odd, though. He shifted to make himself more comfortable on the ground, sitting with his legs criss-crossed, and eyed Neos questioningly. "Trees don't giggle that I know of, either," he said, to clarify that, no- this wasn't a Caido thing. Or maybe it was, now, but Henry would be none the wiser to it than Neos.

Tentatively, Henry reached out to touch it again. This time, he left his hand on it longer, to see if it might retaliate or something. It didn't, but its giggle did heighten as if that really tickled. He pulled back his hand after a little while, after the laughter that filled the air drew a relieved and delighted smile onto his own face. "Seems harmless enough..." He leaned back a little and tilted his head up at Neos, to see what the other man thought.
HENRY

Messages In This Thread
(SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-02-2021, 06:03 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-02-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-05-2021, 06:50 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-07-2021, 06:58 AM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-08-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-11-2021, 10:46 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-14-2021, 02:58 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-18-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Henry - 01-22-2021, 11:03 PM
RE: (SE) One More For the Guild? Maybe? - by Neos - 01-23-2021, 04:27 AM