I Don't Sleep These Days
Elide Pendragon
Researcher / Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Elide

Tanau is a name that brings an entire list of events to the surface of Elide's thoughts. Her expression is neutral, though, as she listens with intent to more of Kiada's story. It's enough to sate her neverending stream of curiosity - for the time being. She lets the information rest in the forefront of her mind, digesting it with no hurry. Her gaze does drift away for a moment as she recalls the sickness that swept across the entirety of Caido, infecting many people - Ascended, included.

She offers a gracious smile at Kiada's forgiveness. "In Halo, word has traveled fast. I don't doubt the other regions have heard about it from those who returned from the Festival." Nothing much else to say about that other than, "It was quite a shock to everyone." She only wishes her brother had returned with them. With a brief and sad dip of her gaze, that feeling worms its way around in her heart.

Turning, Elide strides past Kiada with a wave. She reaches a lithesome hand up to retrieve the small torch that hangs on a nearby wooden beam. Using the light to navigate, Elide steps with assurance in the direction of the agricultural sections. Of which there are many but, she thinks she has a good idea of where to find texts on Ningo farming. It is not likely that Chulane's is the first of its kind, after all - though it may be the only one, now. As she walks, she speaks without looking at Kiada.

"You might be glad to know that, ultimately, the mission was a success." She's unsure if Kiada has heard much about it since her return - or what she'd been able to perceive from the place that spirits go. Likely not much, Elide should think. "Although it did cause a great deal of suffering for some. A sickness... it drove many to the ends of their sanity and back again. But, it was cured by the help of people and Gods alike; it seems to have disappeared altogether. Tanau runs free now, as far as I know."

She stops beside a specific, very lengthy hall made of bookcases. She turns to regard Kiada, the flame's reflections flickering across their smooth, pale skin. Then, she moves to place the torch along another wooden beam near the center of the shelves. "It will be in here, somewhere." At that, she begins to carefully search for the section that regards 'poultry'. She pries a small paper book from within it, a drawing of a plump bird on the front. It appears to be a journal of sorts, written by hand. This book is offered to Kiada. Elide raises her brows in question before turning to select a few other books of relevance, hoarding them in her thin arms. "Come, grab the torch. We will take these back and engage in proper research - and perhaps I can tell you more of what you've missed in almost a year, hm?"
sword for a tongue, night in the heart, room in the body
only for the mysterious — the impossible, unfathomable things

Messages In This Thread
I Don't Sleep These Days - by Elide - 01-04-2021, 07:26 AM
RE: I Don't Sleep These Days - by Kiada - 01-04-2021, 08:46 PM
RE: I Don't Sleep These Days - by Elide - 01-04-2021, 09:20 PM
RE: I Don't Sleep These Days - by Kiada - 01-06-2021, 06:55 AM
RE: I Don't Sleep These Days - by Elide - 01-07-2021, 11:02 AM
RE: I Don't Sleep These Days - by Kiada - 01-08-2021, 06:16 AM
RE: I Don't Sleep These Days - by Elide - 01-08-2021, 07:07 AM
RE: I Don't Sleep These Days - by Kiada - 01-10-2021, 05:39 AM
RE: I Don't Sleep These Days - by Elide - 01-12-2021, 09:13 AM