little death inside my sides
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And time it waits for no one
It heals them when you die
Jigano had said that? And Delphia had bullied him to this externt. Others... what others? What had they said? There was a very small, mean part of her mind that relished the support of so many even after she had passed away. A very selfish fragment of ego that wanted to swell and grow, spitefully ask whether Sunjata agreed with them - after so many had said the same thing, had he found any kernels of truth in their words?
But any time Maea touched upon those kinds of thoughts she wanted to writhe in shame over herself. That was disappointment speaking. And the slippery green tentacles writhing through her soul every time she saw Sunjata lean on Nate, or accept Nate's comforts. She was jealous.
And still angry. So he had 'led her down a wrong path', had he?
"They had no right to say that," she said quietly, as Nate went to fetch the writing utensils. "My choices were my own. I spent my time with you because I wanted to. Because I love you." Any pain she had experienced over that was no more or less than any other fool in love might feel. It was not right for outsiders to clank down on either of them, when they didn't actually know anything about the relationship they had shared.

Maea looked up when Nate returned with the paper, and nodded a quiet thanks. As he settled in beside her former lover, she began to write. The words flowed easily, burning brighter and clearer in her memory than anything else from the past. From the period in between. They had been weighing on her all this time, the reason why she could not rest in death.
It took only a minute before the finished and folded the paper over, once. Colorless fingers pushed the note across the table to Sunjata, and Maea sought to catch his eye before she relinquished it.
"This is for you. Whether you choose to share it with others or not is entirely up to you." Her eyes flickered briefly to Nate before focusing back on the Flood. "I have not changed a word from how it was meant to be delivered before. And as far as I'm concerned, it is all still true." For good or bad... some things just did not change, even if everything else did.

The message was short, and read:

"And finally...

Hello, Fishboy. Did you think I would forget you?

Sunjata. My love. My Sunshine. There will never be enough words to tell you all that's in my heart. Just know that I don't regret a single moment I spent with you. All the good and all the bad, it was all beautiful, and I was never happier than when I was with you.

My one regret is that I could not stay with you, even though I promised you to always be there. Thank you, for showing me what it means to love, and to be brave enough to try, even when the whole world seems bent on taking everything away. Keep searching for that future, for a dream that is only yours. I will wait for you, until the end comes and we can be together again. But don't rush; life is made to be -lived- just like you taught me.

In the end, my favorite color was always you."
And soon you are forgotten
A whisper within a sigh
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
little death inside my sides - by Sunjata - 01-05-2021, 07:33 PM
RE: little death inside my sides - by Maea - 01-05-2021, 08:07 PM
RE: little death inside my sides - by Nate - 01-06-2021, 05:36 AM
RE: little death inside my sides - by Sunjata - 01-06-2021, 06:28 AM
RE: little death inside my sides - by Maea - 01-06-2021, 08:31 AM
RE: little death inside my sides - by Nate - 01-06-2021, 05:35 PM
RE: little death inside my sides - by Sunjata - 01-06-2021, 06:55 PM
RE: little death inside my sides - by Maea - 01-06-2021, 09:43 PM
RE: little death inside my sides - by Sunjata - 01-07-2021, 07:03 AM
RE: little death inside my sides - by Nate - 01-07-2021, 04:42 PM
RE: little death inside my sides - by Maea - 01-07-2021, 09:57 PM