Mini Event I keep on falling back into you
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i will burn this city down for a diamond in the dust
i will keep you safe and sound when there's no one left to trust
The trickle of guests starts slow, with a man Nate's never seen before, at least not as far as he remembers. Gods know he hasn't been paying attention lately. The stranger seems to know Sunjata though, offers his greeting, his well wishes, his hand. Nate's brows raise, his lips quirking as he's turned to and the man seems to struggle for a moment, before recovering. Normally, Nate would refuse his hand, would make a scene, but he doesn't here. Sure, it's his party, he can cry if he wants to, but there's something a touch more satisfying about being as unnerving as he can instead. "You do recall correctly." He confirms, unblinking stare locked on the man now, his own cool hand firm and unyielding, released only as more people begin to trickle in, as Aurelia rushes towards them. "Enjoy the party, huh?"

There is a very familiar face trailing behind the hunter, though Nate doesn't get the chance to comment right away, not as Aurelia wraps them up in a hug that he leans into warmly. "I'm glad you came." He rumbles, the smile obvious in his voice. "And it's good to see you again kid." This is aimed towards Milo, his hand thrust out enthusiastically to be shaken, the sear cat incident water under the bridge, the humour in it easier to see with two eyes. Though it shouldn't be, the gift is a surprise, as every one after this will be as well. The blanket is lifted from Milo's arms, his fingers moving through soft feathers as Nate presses it towards his husband, meaning to tickle it against him, before turning to set it on a nearby table. "Thank you." The words stick in his throat just a little, but he can play off the sparkle in his eyes as joy instead of emotion, leaning in to hug Aurelia tightly again, an arm thrown out to pull Milo in as well. As for how they are, that's a question his husband can field, Nate not sure at all how to respond.

"Oh, now it's a party." Nate laughed, stepping forward to greet his fellow ascended, to hand the bottles off to someone passing by to be set out with the rest of the alcohol they have available. "You didn't need to bring anything but yourself, Bastien, really." It seemed a theme was developing, as far as gifts went, though Nate wasn't complaining, especially not when they were so fine and well made.

Melita approaches them next, Nate immediately leaning down to wrap his niece up in a hug, lifting her off her feet just for a moment. "A formal thank you." He offers back, setting her down again as he does. Just in time for her gift to be offered, Nate taking one dagger and leaving the other for Sunjata, looking it over with a watery gaze. "These are beautiful Mel. Thank you." He says, noticing the sun on the one he'd grabbed, and moving to trade with his husband, a bright laugh leaving him.

The next figure to arrive had Nate stiffening, his arm returning to its place around Sunjata and squeezing just a touch more firmly than he really needed to. This wasn’t the fae who’d attacked him, obviously, her eyes kinder, less filled with hate, but that didn’t truly ease him. All Nate can do is nod in response to her introduction. Is he being rude? Maybe. Is it justified? He certainly thinks so. The word ambassador is enough at least to make him move, a stilted grin returning to his face as he reaches out to accept the gift with Sunjata, letting the attuned tear away the paper and reveal the necklaces. ”Thank you.” He says softly, almost reluctantly.

Nate is all too eager to focus on the next familiar face that approaches, Adam a sight for sore eyes, even if he was still a strange sight. ”How long’d it take you to think of that one?” He snarks back quickly, easily, grabbing the feeling of normalcy and shrouding himself with it quickly. A deep chuckle leaves Nate as he reaches out to clap the other man’s shoulder. ”Thanks man. It means a lot.” Well wishes were certainly more along the lines of what he expected to receive, and he was happy to get them from Adam of all people, something he had never even thought was a possibility.

Stormy is his, their natural state of being, especially with the surprise arrival of a fae, but that doesn't mean the smile doesn't do it's best to break through as Neron approaches, a hand coming out to greet him, once the bottle is passed over to Sunjata. "It's going to be a very big party no matter what happens." He laughs, his arm moving to squeeze his husband close. "I'm hoping for a repeat of his birthday, actually." Not the most recent one, though Neron doesn't necessarily need the clarification.

It's nice, honestly, to be able to mingle and relax. It's worth the work, worth the waiting they had done.
NATE
`

Messages In This Thread
I keep on falling back into you - by Sunjata - 01-09-2021, 12:29 AM
RE: I keep on falling back into you - by Nate - 01-09-2021, 01:23 AM
RE: I keep on falling back into you - by Neos - 01-09-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: I keep on falling back into you - by Aurelia - 01-09-2021, 07:48 AM
RE: I keep on falling back into you - by Bastien - 01-09-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: I keep on falling back into you - by Melita - 01-09-2021, 07:50 PM
RE: I keep on falling back into you - by Juniper - 01-09-2021, 07:53 PM
RE: I keep on falling back into you - by Adam - 01-09-2021, 11:29 PM
RE: I keep on falling back into you - by Milo - 01-10-2021, 12:56 AM