Have I Lost Myself?
Noah
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655

Love can make you scream,
Delphine missed him, hated the glances that the neighbors gave when they saw her. She hated the quietly implied questions when she spoke to the neighbors. It was almost enough to stop her from going out. She was determined, though. To better herself, to find a way to be worthy of the man. She'd worked hard to be less selfish, to fix herself. She was proud of where she was.

And, when he answered her, she was pretty sure her heart skipped a beat. She'd been expecting a no, even though she was hoping for a yes. "I wasn't sure if you were coming home tonight, but there's more than enough." Her voice was steady; which surprised her. Part of her was elated, excited, thrilled. The other half of her wanted to cry.

She still didn't like confrontation. And this was a chance for confrontation. The first chance since the dragon had teleported her out of Halo, really.

Awkward. Awkward.

It was so awkward.

She remembered what they had... have? Did they still have it? It didn't feel like they did. No, she supposed they didn't, she'd said she wanted to start over. They'd done it all wrong last time. Were doing it all wrong this time, too, probably.

Awkward. She shifted her weight, tidying the counters before she took a seat and began to eat. Uncomfortable, because she didn't know where she stood. Where he wanted her to stand.

And she hated herself for feeling that way. Where she had once felt comfortable only when he was around, she felt like she was walking on glass, waiting for it to shatter underneath her. "How's... work?" She finally asked, biting her lip.
And it can leave you speechless.

Messages In This Thread
Have I Lost Myself? - by Delphine - 01-11-2021, 07:32 PM
RE: Have I Lost Myself? - by Noah - 01-13-2021, 05:02 PM
RE: Have I Lost Myself? - by Delphine - 01-13-2021, 05:14 PM
RE: Have I Lost Myself? - by Noah - 01-15-2021, 04:21 PM
RE: Have I Lost Myself? - by Delphine - 01-15-2021, 04:44 PM
RE: Have I Lost Myself? - by Noah - 01-16-2021, 04:37 PM
RE: Have I Lost Myself? - by Delphine - 01-16-2021, 04:44 PM
RE: Have I Lost Myself? - by Noah - 01-16-2021, 04:53 PM
RE: Have I Lost Myself? - by Delphine - 01-16-2021, 05:00 PM
RE: Have I Lost Myself? - by Noah - 01-16-2021, 05:07 PM