[SE] The Mountain and the Sapling
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
HENRY
I was waiting for something extraordinary
but as the years wasted on...
The governor seems to be alright enough, Henry's probably the one worse off after that crash anyway. There's a mild surge of pain that ripples around the bruise on his face, clearly from a rough night. Well, a rough start to a night at least. It's only been a few days since Henry met Neos, so the mark from the drunk that punched him has started to fade. Still tender, though. He touches it with his thumb distractedly, as if to check on it, but regrets that decision immediately.

Henry returns the toothy grin with a more relaxed smile of his own. "Again, really sorry. I just got here not long ago and... I'd hate to piss you off, of all people, considering I'm going to be staying here for Deepfrost," as he speaks, the man's blue eyes peer past him curiously.

Henry tilts his head, ready to assume he's disrupted some sort of important task and the governor is simply being polite to entertain him. Although, that doesn't appear to be the case. Henry steps to the side and follows the look, spots the sapling, and a look of realization flickers across his face before it's replaced by pleasant surprise. It's not such a tiny sapling anymore. Even from where they stand, he can see it's grown quite a lot. The branches are fuller and the trunk taller.

Henry's smile remains, and he turns back to the governor with a cool expression in his gaze. "Oh, hey, thanks," he pinches a cigarette out of the box and holds it between his lips to listen to the other man. Sunjata's brow raises toward him, the curiosity palpable in his words and eyes, so Henry's brows raise right back.

"You mean you haven't seen it yet? Come on, I'll show you," Henry pulls the cigarette out of his mouth in a wisp of smoke, waving Sunjata along to follow him. He crosses the town's square to where the sapling stands strong. The branches swish and it could be taken for a trick of the eye, a stray breeze, but Henry knows better by now. There's something very special about this tree. However, he won't spoil it for Sunjata.

"Go on, governor," he grins, a sparkle of mischief in his tone, and nods to the tree, "give it a poke."
nothing ever did
unless I caused it

Messages In This Thread
[SE] The Mountain and the Sapling - by Henry - 01-13-2021, 11:44 PM
RE: [SE] The Mountain and the Sapling - by Henry - 01-14-2021, 05:35 PM
RE: [SE] The Mountain and the Sapling - by Henry - 01-17-2021, 06:06 AM
RE: [SE] The Mountain and the Sapling - by Henry - 01-20-2021, 12:01 PM
RE: [SE] The Mountain and the Sapling - by Henry - 01-23-2021, 04:57 AM
RE: [SE] The Mountain and the Sapling - by Henry - 01-28-2021, 05:34 AM
RE: [SE] The Mountain and the Sapling - by Henry - 02-01-2021, 06:06 PM
RE: [SE] The Mountain and the Sapling - by Henry - 02-03-2021, 05:04 AM