Training snowed in
open!
Elide Pendragon
Researcher / Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Elide

Elide is there when Noah shows up. If she were still nothing more than an Accepted, she might be sitting down on the sidelines, wiping a healthy layer of sweat from her skin. That's the way that Noah would remember her, as well; completely human, with blood in her veins and coats to shield her from the cold and a thoughtful drop of sweat ever-present on her brow. Not so anymore.

It could even be said that she is not the same person she once was. But that is for Noah to find out and decide for himself, as one of her oldest friends.

Since she is now an Ascended, and it has been a long time since she's seen him, she doesn't quite know what to say when she unexpectedly spies him in the training grounds. 'Hello, long time no see, I joined the Shields,' seemed a little... inconsiderate, all things considered.

Still, though, she approaches and greets him with a small, stiff smile. "Noah," there is a layer of leather armor that she adorns quite comfortably, as if she has worn it a lot by now, "here to become a warrior, are you?" She asks, a faint hint of humor and familiarity in her tone as she nods to the spear in his hand. And she turns, gesturing for him to follow her. "There are targets this way."

She leads him to an area where plain effigies stand in waiting for them to practice throwing spears, or flinging arrows, or, in Elide's case, firing bolts. She pulls the crossbow from its place on her back, her 'weapon of choice', and positions a bolt into it. Lifting it, preparing, she fires at the little circle in the center of the target. The bolt aims true, jamming into the straw with a thud. All in all, a fine shot. She can admire it for a moment before she steps aside to let Noah have his own go at things.

She glances at him, recalling their days of hunting together. It felt long ago now, now that two years had passed and she had avoided his audience. She'd avoided most people, that is; it was nothing personal.

"I'm sorry to have not been around for the past few years. You must have many questions for me..." it's a subtle invitation for him to air them, if he so wishes to.
I have a deeply hidden and inarticulate desire
for something beyond the daily life

Messages In This Thread
snowed in - by Noah - 01-15-2021, 04:04 PM
RE: snowed in - by Elide - 01-25-2021, 11:54 PM
RE: snowed in - by Noah - 02-08-2021, 07:59 PM
RE: snowed in - by Elide - 02-09-2021, 03:45 AM
RE: snowed in - by Noah - 02-18-2021, 08:29 PM