Herbs 'till Dusk, Secrets 'till Dawn
Ray
Iris 'Siri' Acquarone
Wanderer

Age: 22 | Height: 176 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Nell Offline
Change author:
MP: 85
I R I S

Iris simply shrugged at the accusation, deciding not to address it just as Ray appeared to have decided not to act upon it. Instead, she walked around the table and behind Ray’s back with leisurely steps, eventually coming to a stop beside her. Her gaze was on the papers, but she was eyeing the shopkeeper.

Ray let slip a show of curiosity. Nothing significant considering the business she was in. Iris figured she must have received the same training that she herself had had. She wondered, also, if it had been administered by the same methods.

It wasn’t too difficult to unnerve most people, tilt them out of balance, slip off their veneers. But when each unconvincing lie is repaid with violence, you quickly learn not to flinch at each looming threat, least of all to keep a straight face.

Iris patiently waited for Ray to finish listing her terms, raising her eyebrows at the debt assessment. Needless to say, the high price had piqued her interest as to what exactly the agreed upon assets had been. She mirrored her scoff at the comment about their fathers. A strange bit of commonality in a myriad of differences that separated the two women.

When Ray finished talking, Iris hummed. ”I’m sure you’re going to have a lot of fun squeezing all that information and material goods out of the old man.” She said with no confidence whatsoever and leaned over to trace her index finger across the table, subsequently rubbing the thus accumulated flecks of dust against her thumb. Her work was done. The pot had been stirred. ”If you happen to name these assets, I’ll see what I can do.” She said in her most serviceable business tone, stepping around the table and heading for the door. "It was nice to see you again, Ray."

FIN

Messages In This Thread
Herbs 'till Dusk, Secrets 'till Dawn - by Iris - 01-20-2021, 05:37 PM
RE: Herbs 'till Dusk, Secrets 'till Dawn - by Ray - 01-25-2021, 12:26 AM
RE: Herbs 'till Dusk, Secrets 'till Dawn - by Ray - 02-22-2021, 04:16 PM
RE: Herbs 'till Dusk, Secrets 'till Dawn - by Ray - 03-13-2021, 12:48 AM
RE: Herbs 'till Dusk, Secrets 'till Dawn - by Ray - 04-23-2021, 09:38 PM
RE: Herbs 'till Dusk, Secrets 'till Dawn - by Ray - 05-07-2021, 07:24 PM
RE: Herbs 'till Dusk, Secrets 'till Dawn - by Iris - 05-10-2021, 09:13 PM