It burns too bright
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
what's the drive in being alive if you don't know who you are?
what's the fun in getting drunk if you can't take it too far?
He doesn’t want to be here. Whether here is this particular spot in the labyrinth, or the Grounds as a whole isn’t clear, but Nate doesn’t exactly know where else to go. He’s already here. He’d walked here without thought, wandered through the maze until he came here, empty handed because he hadn’t meant to come.

It’s an excuse. Everything he's told himself recently has been, and if he lets that thought sit in his mind for too long everything starts to come unglued.

So he doesn’t do that, he sits on the ground instead and he looks at the smooth stones that make up the shrine and he feels dirty and guilty and — he’s thinking about it again, in a loop of self-loathing and nonsense justifications.

Asking for forgiveness would mean admitting he’s done something wrong, and Nate isn’t quite ready to do that yet. After a handful of long moments though, he is ready to straighten up and actually do something. ”I... I need help. Guidance. Clarification. I don’t know.” Even alone like he is, Nate’s aware of how he sounds, a strained undercurrent of effort in his otherwise easy tone.
i've been wasting all my weekends contemplating
if it's me or the booze that really gets wasted

Messages In This Thread
It burns too bright - by Nate - 01-21-2021, 08:07 AM
RE: It burns too bright - by Random Event - 01-22-2021, 06:44 AM
RE: It burns too bright - by Nate - 01-23-2021, 06:09 AM
RE: It burns too bright - by Random Event - 01-26-2021, 06:57 AM
RE: It burns too bright - by Nate - 01-27-2021, 02:12 AM
RE: It burns too bright - by Random Event - 02-12-2021, 09:56 PM