bells are ringing like a panic in my head
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I want to bring my fear, loathing, and delusions to a pour
I want to tip panic and reason into my god-fearing mouth
Warm and damp. Nate let’s his mind run, though it doesn’t get anywhere, at least, not anywhere useful. The Greatwood seems less likely, when there’s the far more obvious jungle right there, when he wants to put faith in Vai. But it offers no easier solution either, no shadow to point a finger after.

A bitter sentiment to swallow, that he can’t do more. It won’t do anything to stop him from trying, from ramming his head against the wall, but it’s good to know, in some way. ”Thank you.” Gratitude falls from his lips and surprises him, Nate utterly unsure what else he can even say. Try as he might, this ain’t something he can carry alone, not when he’s already stretched so thin.

It looks for a moment, like something might spill out between Nate’s lips, some slippery truth, but he swallows it at the last moment, and huffs out a quiet laugh. ”I always am.” Guilty eyes find Isla again, and if she’s quick, she’ll see something in them shutter, compartmentalizing and stuffing away emotions he should probably be talking about. ”I appreciate the second opinion, Isla.” Nate rises slowly, and reaches out to clasp her hand tightly, before stepping out into the night again, abuzz with paranoia and a whole new kind of stress.

Done
NATE

Messages In This Thread
RE: bells are ringing like a panic in my head - by Nate - 02-03-2021, 06:05 AM