just bare with me and i'll be back some day i hope
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
// i am not the only traveler who has not repaid his debt
i've been searching for a trail to follow again, take me back to the night we met //
”Of course Sunny.” Getting his way, whether it made good sense or not, has a purr entering Nate’s voice, honeyed and pleased, his head tilting so he can brush his lips against his husbands head. ”Did Isla tell you if you should take one tonight?” It seems like something that would have been specified, though that doesn’t stop the moment of hesitation before a single hand folds the envelope closed, then in half, tucking it safely into some inner jacket pocket.

All the shrug does is encourage Nate to press closer, trying to compensate for the little ways he’s failed with comfort now, as if it could return those last few months to Sunjata. We’ll figure out what happened. It’s, uncertainty rushes in to fill the gap where he hesitates, nothing coming to mind at first, better, now. Now that we know what happened. It doesn’t feel like quite as elegant a save as he would usually make, but he tries to back it up love, with an unwavering focus on the now.

Sunjata presses ever tighter against him, Nate’s free hand moving to pull the blanket snug around them, then rising to rub along his husbands back, gentle and soothing against the bruises and tenderness between his wings. This is all he’s ever wanted to be able to offer, all he’s ever wanted in general, so why does it still feel like he should be doing more? Like he should be preventing the cracks and fractures before they happen? The ascended shifts again, hiding his face in the others sun kissed curls, of only for a moment before the other shifts so they’re facing each other again.

They’re close enough that all Nate can see of Sunjata is blurry, so close he’s out of focus except for snatches of cheekbones and scruff and the cool monotone of his eyes, before they close. The ascended wishes he needed the breath he takes, preceding the soft ”I’m sorry.” His heart has taken up a new home somewhere in his throat, Nate resisting the urge to lean in again, to try and soothe away the pain of unwelcome memories with more kisses, more bandaids. I’m glad someone was with you. And... I’m glad you don’t remember most of it. Maybe it’s a cruel thought, but it is a relief, considering the subject matter, and what Nate knew of it. And I’m very glad you feel better. It doesn’t seem possible, but Nate squeezes tighter for a moment, trying to counteract the shudder the ripples across Sunjata’s wing.

The subject change comes out of nowhere, so much so that Nate spends a long moment with his mouth hanging open, trying to simply remember what he’d done during the day. ”I uh... met up with Neron. We... went over some things; plans, strategies, rumours. Just,” A snort leaves him, joking and light somehow, ”normal friendly catching up.”
NATE

Messages In This Thread
RE: just bare with me and i'll be back some day i hope - by Nate - 01-27-2021, 06:09 AM