Mini Event the room where it happens
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX

Wessex does her best to listen and take notes of all the things said, then go back to them, item by item.

“I agree, our best bet is to try to lure them all into an area and try to take them out. I’m thinking the Ruins, in an effort to minimize damage to everything else.” She points to the Ruins on the map, identifying two places that are close to each other that might work. “But I’m wary of any strict paths or blocking off our options. Barricades - yes. Blinds built for us to hide behind, and whatever kind of trap we decide on - houses maybe, that can easily burn - but we need to be careful not to trap ourselves.”

Drawing four lines through the map to the Grounds, she illustrates the proposed paths “My thoughts were to have three or four people lure them in - our fastest - with the goal of not necessarily engaging, but just leading the Monsters to the traps. One through the Sanctuary and Settlement, one from this south-eastern woodland area, one from the southern fields - they could come up either sides of the Labyrinth - and one from the western fields area.” In her mind, she’s taking the longest path, but that’s still to be determined, if they end up going that route.

Teams is a good idea, too. A buddy system. She’s already putting pairs together in her head: herself and Neron, so she can leech off his magic if need be. Someone strong with Sam, to keep him going. “Teams is a great idea. Bastien, I leave the decision about yourself and Azrael’s involvement during LongNight to you, but Azrael, if you and Mabel could spend some nights singing and feeding the luxere, that would be very helpful. Try to stay close to the Settlement so they come in closer. ” She flashes them a tight smile, not wanting to linger too much on the topic of a child participating in this kind of very dangerous thing.

Waiting for Nate to list Sunjata’s shifts, she can’t help but glance down at the dog - a dog she’s never seen with him, or Sunjata before. Is one of them a black dog? she asks with a cheeky quirk of her lips, clearly nonplussed at it. Morgan is there. Sunjata might as well be too.

Casting a glace at Mabel and her suggestion, the Wraith hesitates. “If we take the Ruins route, I think we need a place closer as a base, preferably in the Settlement. Maybe the Barracks or Monster Hunter’s guild building. Unfortunately, I don’t think the standard weapons at the Barracks are going to be very useful, since we can’t make the Monsters bleed. They do burn and they disappear when the SparkBird comes, but any sort of other light attracts them. That doesn’t make this easy, since… well, to state the obvious, we burn too.”

“And we’ll be without the Voice’s help, unless she gives us something beforehand, like she did a couple of years ago. It’s something I hope for, but we can’t rely on.” She pauses and glances at her list again. “There’s some good news, however - I believe Deimos is making us a weapon don’t ask me what I don’t know yet okay, and I’m hoping to borrow Loren’s unicorn horn for healing, and store Deimos’s fire in a crystal. And I think if we can summon Tanau via an Accepted’s channeling, we might have a good chance. But everyone needs to be topped up - both on abilities and energy. Make sure you visit a shrine before LongNight.”

“I’ve got some other pretty big tricks up my sleeve, but before we talk powers, let’s hammer out a basic plan. Thoughts on luring the Monsters to the Ruins?”
there was a time that we were kind, but now
don't write me, you're not fooling anyone

Messages In This Thread
the room where it happens - by Wessex - 01-26-2021, 02:34 AM
RE: the room where it happens - by Nate - 01-26-2021, 05:58 AM
RE: the room where it happens - by Sunjata - 01-26-2021, 06:15 AM
RE: the room where it happens - by Mabel - 01-26-2021, 11:10 AM
RE: the room where it happens - by Aamu - 01-26-2021, 04:04 PM
RE: the room where it happens - by Neron - 01-26-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: the room where it happens - by Azrael - 01-27-2021, 07:41 AM
RE: the room where it happens - by Wessex - 01-27-2021, 05:55 PM
RE: the room where it happens - by Nate - 01-28-2021, 06:43 AM