redemption burns hot and bright
for Deimos
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

“I don’t know, Deimos,” she says, clearly exasperated with the one-sided conversation and all the questions, as if she hasn’t spent the whole season thinking about the what-ifs “I’ve thought this to death. Like I said, if you have suggestions, let me know, otherwise -” he can keep his judgements to himself.

Something in her snaps. Maybe it’s all the pressure she’s under - maybe it’s Deimos on top of Kiada and their self-righteous superiority. Nothing she ever does will be enough for some people and the anger at how much she gives without receiving anything in return runneth over.

So now it will go to waste. Her eyes narrow, flashing as she stands. She would never be as tall as the Sworth, but she looks up at him with indignation and disbelief. “You don’t know shit about my attempts to use it, you were in front with the unicorns when we ran from the tunnel. I brought up the rear and held it up the whole fucking time, ready to keep us safe.” Ramping herself up, her lips twist into a snarl as he demands something she can easily give, but it’s his tone that sets her on edge.

The way he talks to her like she would lie about this and keep it for herself. As if she would betray her family the way he betrayed his.

“You don’t get to tell me what’s a waste of something and what isn’t. That -” she fairly spits at him, pointing to the crystal in his hand. “Is the last of someone I hold dear. And if you think I’d fucking lie about where your magic will go? You think I'd hoard it instead of protecting my family? Azrael? Bastien? Kiada?" Pain blossoms behind the anger, the accusation more than selfishness and hoarding, it's an insinuation of active murder and in some bizarre way, worse than straight up calling her that. To care so little for her family? It's against everything she's stood for since - well, since before she became a demigod. "Then give it back and go fuck yourself,” she hisses, pride and pain in full control now.  

Wessex can take cold nothingness, disdain, most of whatever the Sword can throw at her -but not this. Not the insinuation that she'd keep this to benefit herself when she's come to him, when she knows he dislikes her, of all people to ask for help. She played nice. She opened herself up a little. And this is what she gets.

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm

Messages In This Thread
redemption burns hot and bright - by Wessex - 01-29-2021, 05:23 PM
RE: redemption burns hot and bright - by Deimos - 01-30-2021, 12:00 AM
RE: redemption burns hot and bright - by Wessex - 02-01-2021, 04:06 PM
RE: redemption burns hot and bright - by Deimos - 02-02-2021, 12:48 AM
RE: redemption burns hot and bright - by Wessex - 02-04-2021, 12:18 AM
RE: redemption burns hot and bright - by Deimos - 02-04-2021, 11:16 PM
RE: redemption burns hot and bright - by Wessex - 02-05-2021, 06:18 PM
RE: redemption burns hot and bright - by Deimos - 02-06-2021, 12:00 AM
RE: redemption burns hot and bright - by Wessex - 02-07-2021, 01:16 AM