now you'll never drink alone
Elide Pendragon
Researcher / Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Elide

Elide's apprehension grows in the silence. Wessex is listening very intently to her, and on any normal occasion she'd only be appreciative of this, but for some reason it only makes her even more uneasy. When she's finished with her concerns, and Wessex begins speaking, there is a significant slump to her very tensed up shoulders.

Her gaze drops, lifts, wanders, trying to imagine this plan Wessex is speaking of - how it might work, how it might not. Elide is not an experienced fighter yet, and she's never fought the LongNight monsters before to top it all off. If Wessex were more confident in this plan, and less resigned to it eventually coming undone, it might've genuinely made her feel better. But she suspected, deep down, that nothing would be foolproof. This only confirms that.

There's no flash of deeply realized panic that crosses Elide's features; only a darkened, sobered expression. The realizations have already been made, and she's already resigned to her path potentially ending in the darkness. It was hope of something different that's crushed here.

"Before LongNight?" Elide echoes quietly, making note of that and adding to herself, "It will be soon, then." She'll have to prepare for that, now that it's no longer a 'maybe' but a 'definitely'.

Her spine straightens and she finally looks back up at Wessex, "I will continue training and preparing but, I don't think I will find anyone here like that. Deimos-" she shakes her head, "I would not ask that of him. It will have to be someone else, who is willing," she frowns, "or no one at all and I bring only myself."

"What advantages do we have other than a trap, if any?" She asks after a few minutes of contemplation.
I have a deeply hidden and inarticulate desire
for something beyond the daily life

Messages In This Thread
now you'll never drink alone - by Wessex - 02-02-2021, 02:50 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Elide - 02-02-2021, 05:30 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Wessex - 02-04-2021, 12:43 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Elide - 02-05-2021, 06:18 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Wessex - 02-08-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Elide - 02-09-2021, 06:25 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Wessex - 02-10-2021, 03:12 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Elide - 02-11-2021, 10:14 AM
RE: now you'll never drink alone - by Wessex - 02-13-2021, 04:49 AM