i came and sat in your pew
for Kiada
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX

To some extent, this is expected. One does not simply return from the dead untraumatized, not after dying the way Kiada had. The rest of that fateful paty is gone in some way or another; Hotaru and Loren are missing, Amalia is now Kiada’s enemy and lives in Stormbreak - the only one left to come and maybe talk it through with her is Wessex. The least ideal choice, but no one ever said the Wraith doesn’t step up to the plate when she has to.

She listens quietly, still and observant under what is not quite an assault, but certainly not exactly a friendly conversation either. She can hear the anger and pain in Kiada’s voice - see it when she meets her gaze - as she seems to oscillate between flat numbness and righteous frustration.

“I didn’t expect you to be okay,” Wessex replies after a moment. “I wouldn’t expect anybody to be okay - except for maybe Edy - and that’s only because I think she’s just happy to be back and able to fuck anything and everything.” She grins a little only because the contrast is so stark, and well, probably true. She’s heard Edy’s dick is a sight to behold.

All joking aside, the Wraith remembers her story well. She also remembers volunteering to help Kiada take care of that monster, a task she hadn’t agreed to lightly. “I remember. I said I’d help you defeat it.” And here she is, being presented with an opportunity to do the exact thing she wanted to do - only she doesn’t have to do it alone. She has far more now than Jigano don’t even get her started about that selfish fuck could ever offer her, even with his fucking lantern and magic and shifts. “I stand by that promise.”

“And it’s okay to not want to go back. To be mad about it. The situation sucks for everyone who didn’t vote to do this.” It might even feel like an expected debt, like they have to do this because The Voice brought them back. It’s not how Wessex wants to think of it either, but the reality is that they’re all getting a quick introduction into the meaning of the Ascended family, that they made a choice and this is what it means to be an Ascended now. “Talk to me,” she urges, trying to coax the young woman’s fears out of her. “Tell me what else you’re thinking and let me see if I can help with anything.”
there was a time that we were kind, but now
don't write me, you're not fooling anyone

Messages In This Thread
i came and sat in your pew - by Wessex - 02-02-2021, 03:51 AM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Kiada - 02-02-2021, 07:56 AM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Wessex - 02-04-2021, 12:28 AM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Kiada - 02-04-2021, 02:58 AM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Wessex - 02-04-2021, 06:40 PM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Kiada - 02-05-2021, 03:43 AM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Wessex - 02-07-2021, 07:05 PM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Kiada - 02-08-2021, 07:20 PM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Wessex - 02-08-2021, 08:55 PM