i came and sat in your pew
for Kiada
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX

“But you did, Wessex replies quietly, wondering where Kiada sees these lines being drawn and where she sees herself falling. “Whether it’s this battle or the one against the Old Gods, part of being Ascended is that we’re an group who does things together.” One shoulder rises and falls - that’s the way it is. Kiada not wanting something doesn’t change that. Her hands come up to settle beneath her chin, perching her head atop them and considering the younger woman’s past.

Seems like a pretty traumatic experience. And maybe just the barest hint of an excuse for trust issues.

Her hackles almost rise when Kiada snaps at her - halted with the clenching of her jaw and a flash in her eyes. Unkindly or not, she’s starting to think it’s just an excuse to yell at someone who could take it, and quite honestly, Wessex is a bit tired of letting herself be that person. It rarely achieves what she wants it to achieve.

“And I’m telling you because you asked what about us? I want to keep everyone safe, but there will never be a time when we don’t have new brothers and sisters who would be at risk. We’re not disregarding you, we’ve made a commitment. What we’re doing is bigger than me. Bigger than us. It’s righting a wrong and it’s making what’s looking like the primary home of the Ascended safe for everyone to live in, all year round. It’s changing public perception.” Which, if she’s going to be an Ascended, she might quickly learn that not everyone is as friendly towards her as they were before. A lesson Wessex knows all too well and only half attributes to her basic personality.

Pausing after the last insult, the Wraith levels a gaze across the table and then slowly bobs her head up and down in acceptance of the accusation. “I deserve that. You did. And I’m sorry that happened to you, I really am. You can be mad at me all you want, for as long as you want for being focused on Tanau and not you and yes, I’ll take that. But don’t diminish your own power and ability to make choices for yourself.” She chose to come explore some place new, knowing full well what happens sometimes during expeditions. “Which is what you have in front of you,” Wessex continues, spreading her hands wide.” - A choice. The first of many. Whether to accept what we’re doing at LongNight and help yourself or not. Whether to take a leap of faith with the Voice and us or not. What to do with a second life. I was in your shoes once.”

And Kiada is starting out with a hell of a lot more than Wessex ever had.
there was a time that we were kind, but now
don't write me, you're not fooling anyone

Messages In This Thread
i came and sat in your pew - by Wessex - 02-02-2021, 03:51 AM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Kiada - 02-02-2021, 07:56 AM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Wessex - 02-04-2021, 12:28 AM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Kiada - 02-04-2021, 02:58 AM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Wessex - 02-04-2021, 06:40 PM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Kiada - 02-05-2021, 03:43 AM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Wessex - 02-07-2021, 07:05 PM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Kiada - 02-08-2021, 07:20 PM
RE: i came and sat in your pew - by Wessex - 02-08-2021, 08:55 PM