like fire burn through
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
rose vines are as lovely when they wrap tight over your limbs and shatter your bones
Dawn filters in through a window in the lighthouse, shedding pale light on a pair of candles. They're made with vibrant, colorful petals from cape primroses and camellia. Shades of deep violet and pale pink, accented by soft white. Aurelia lights the wicks but the strike of her match is the only sound she makes for some time. It's a humble offering and she knows it but, she didn't know what else to bring.

"I don't know how these things usually go, or what to say..." she admits into the chilly air, glancing over the small flames.

First it had been the lantern, the baubles, then the rambutan wine, the bracelet, and now.. these candles. She's found that she likes making things, even if she isn't the most adept at it. She does it only so it can make the people she loves happy, to bring a bit of light into their world. Gods know she's tired of being the darkness in her own.

"The flowers these are from usually only bloom at the beginning of the year," her chin lifts, shifts as she lets the words rise into the eerily still air. But she doesn't know if anyone's listening, and maybe she's speaking to soften that blow. Her head lowers again, "I used to collect the petals for my sisters, every year. They liked to make candles like these out of them. I was never very good at it, but, I tried," she lets out a small, breathy laugh and smiles softly at the memories. Though her jaw aches from a debilitating wave of sadness that washes over her, she carries on, "For us, they.. were.. a symbol of hope. Something to let us know the worst was behind us. You represent life, so I thought you might like that..."

Her breath huffs into the air, ragged and trailing. The scent of her offering is calming, at least. It's sunshiny and offers a sweet promise of Flowerbirth, of brighter days, of things to look forward to. It eases some of the anxiety that tightens her muscles.

"I know you don't... want to hear from the Abandoned. I'm sorry," her eyes finally lift, shadowed by a turmoil of churning emotions, "but.. please.. all I want is a chance. I want to be more than this."

Redeeming Aurelia's CotS reward:
  • Receive a random encounter with a god
She's praying to Safrin!
Aurelia
code credits go to Skylark!<3

Messages In This Thread
like fire burn through - by Aurelia - 03-02-2021, 01:50 PM
RE: like fire burn through - by Safrin - 03-02-2021, 07:29 PM
RE: like fire burn through - by Aurelia - 03-02-2021, 08:10 PM
RE: like fire burn through - by Safrin - 03-02-2021, 08:57 PM
RE: like fire burn through - by Aurelia - 03-02-2021, 10:16 PM
RE: like fire burn through - by Safrin - 03-05-2021, 11:50 PM