I kept running for a soft place to fall
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
// so now you've done a little wrong and you need to be forgiven,
by the vicar and the company you keep //
The kittens draw forward, clamoring up on chairs and onto the counter and Sunjata doesn’t even find it in himself to tell them to get down as they investigate Hotaru, as they investigate Nate and the spiral Sunjata can feel the bits and pieces of through the bond despite how much Nate hides it. He tries to keep his own in check, searching for relief over worry, the fact that despite them having tried to find her and failing, that she was still here. She was here with them, home. She downs the water and he fills it up again, before her hand stills him.

His steel gaze flickers back to her face, spotting the shine as her hand grasps his, and he abandons trying to help Nate in the kitchen (despite likely becoming more of a hindrance than anything else useful) and instead, slips to Hotaru, pulling her in tight against his chest as Nate sets up the food, checks on her leg. He tries to tuck her head against his tattooed and scarred chest, over a warm wool jacket that he’d been too distracted to remove.

And instead of giving into the sadness he so badly wants to, he tries something else. There’s a low hum of a laugh that leaves him, burying his face into her blonde crown, pressing a kiss there as he does so. “The sickness made it all blur together. I don’t remember much of it either.” It’s a bit of solace among the sorrow to help make it easier. But he does adjust his embrace with her to peer at Nate from over her head as he works to make the food. It’s okay, skatjie. He sends down the bond, before he’s pulling away a bit, to shed his jacket and reach into his pocket for his pack of cigarettes, lighting one and handing it to Nate in front of the stove, before he’s lighting his own and slipping back in front of Hotaru.

Ramone, the orange cat, hops into Hotaru’s lap with the absence of the Attuned while he tries to think of where to start. “Where do we even start…?” He admits absentmindedly before drawing in a sigh, a quiet puff of smoke as he draws the chair over to sit in front of her, to give her that closeness she hasn’t had in months. “I don’t remember hardly anything. Nate and I ended up getting married while we were both quite ill, somehow managed to remember the date picked. I think that's all Nate…” This is said with a hint of remorse for having lost Hotaru, having failed in their search for her, and still marrying anyway when she wasn't found.

Remi and Ronin brought back a temporary cure. It worked for… Me and anyone else who wasn’t Ascended, didn’t work for the Ascended. That was after we accidentally burned the house down. I think we were… Trying to ward away ghosts or something? Thought a lot of light would help. Anyway…” His head tilts this way and that. “After that Nate and I went to Halo and the Climb to try and find a cure for them. Turns out Loren had what the Voice required. We tried to talk to him and he refused to give it up until he exhausted all other options. He eventually did, however, and the Voice made a cure for everyone who was willing to take it.” His gaze flicks over toward his husband as he pauses, waiting to see if he had anything else to add or if Hotaru had any questions.
// this is the sin that i will confess to release myself
from consequence and everyone can tell //
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I kept running for a soft place to fall - by Sunjata - 02-11-2021, 06:52 AM