plz sledgehammer my doubt
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
AURELIA
and my hands aren't clean
maybe they never will be
Her lips twist in a grim scowl, gaze drifting as she thinks back to what Sunjata had told her of his relationship with the smugglers. She knows it hasn't always been friendly, but she thought that things were at least fine. Now, it seems, they're not. Her association and standing with them alone makes her feel torn, however, because when it comes to Zephyr there is little she can - or should - do. Demi-gods, she won't fuck with either, simply because she doesn't have a deathwish. Aurelia may pride herself on being a good fighter and swift with a blade, and she may have newfound abilities, but she doubts they would ever measure up.

With a haggard sigh, she forces herself to take calming sips of her tea as Hotaru explains what happened.

She believes it when Hotaru says that Sunjata tried to help Vai. So who, then, walks around with the same accent as Sunjata - and would hurt someone in a seemingly random act? Only to leave them at Sunjata's doorstep? It certainly couldn't have been Melita.

"So it was a set up..." she grumbles, "but why?" And what, if anything, could they do to prevent it from happening again?

Aurelia would not put it past this place to enact justice in such a way. So her eyes flash wide with concern when the words 'killed him' break through her thoughts. She's about to flip out when Hotaru clarifies it was just in Remi's dreamscape... Okay... Time to set this tea down before she spills it all over the place.

She's not even worried about Hotaru's display of protection at the door, so the vague apology is unexpected and unnecessary. "No, it's fine, I'm glad he still has someone looking out for him, for fuck's sake," she blurts out, leaning back in her chair some to try and absorb everything. A stressed hand runs through the curled bangs by her face.

"I'm not dumb enough to confront Zephyr and two demi-gods... hopefully they've gotten enough from him now. But..." the look in her eyes lends itself to something darker, "I'm glad to be there if they try it again. Sunjata's my friend, and frankly I don't really care one way or another. I'll have his back - and yours, too," a friend of his is a friend of hers, let alone his wife, "As best I can, at least. I'm sorry I wasn't around when all of this happened in the first place. Maybe I could've vouched for him..." but it does feel moot, anyway.
but they can still carry you home
when you're ready to sleep

Messages In This Thread
plz sledgehammer my doubt - by Aurelia - 02-20-2021, 05:27 AM
RE: plz sledgehammer my doubt - by Hotaru - 02-20-2021, 05:45 AM
RE: plz sledgehammer my doubt - by Aurelia - 02-20-2021, 05:59 AM
RE: plz sledgehammer my doubt - by Hotaru - 02-20-2021, 06:11 AM
RE: plz sledgehammer my doubt - by Aurelia - 02-20-2021, 06:42 AM
RE: plz sledgehammer my doubt - by Hotaru - 02-20-2021, 06:58 AM
RE: plz sledgehammer my doubt - by Aurelia - 02-21-2021, 07:45 AM
RE: plz sledgehammer my doubt - by Hotaru - 02-26-2021, 03:29 AM
RE: plz sledgehammer my doubt - by Aurelia - 02-28-2021, 12:12 PM